Multiple windows open with multiple tabs each having a PDFXEditor control

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
coblejesse
User

Multiple windows open with multiple tabs each having a PDFXEditor control

Post by coblejesse »

Hi Alex,

I have an issue where I have multiple windows open and each window has a couple tabs on it, and each tab has a PDFXEdit control. When I set the menu bars when opening the document, on one control, then open another screen, call the same customization to that menu bar, the first screen's menu bar is getting reset. This only happens when there are multiple PDFXEdit controls on each window. I have provided a sample project for you to take a look at.

How do I prevent this? Also, how would I have multiple windows open with different menu configurations without affecting other windows? This is our last hurdle we need to get over before we make the leap and buy the SDK. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for all your help in getting to this point.

Just open screen 1, open a document, then open screen 2, and open a document in that as well and you will see how it sets the menu/cmd bars back to it's original state in screen 1.

Please download the .zip file from here https://drive.google.com/open?id=19rZNP ... GX8pa3NzDg

The attachment would not upload.

Thanks,
Jesse
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Multiple windows open with multiple tabs each having a PDFXEditor control

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Jesse,

This topic can explain why you are experiencing this behavior:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=31378&p=127413&hil ... le#p126895

Cheers,
Alex