Problem with Variables in stamps

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Andiroid
User

Problem with Variables in stamps

Post by Andiroid »

Hey,

i have a problem with my stamps.
They were working totally fine but when I changed the logo the variables do not work anymore. Maybe someone can tell me my mistake?

I attache the new ones and the old. In my eyes there is no difference but when I add them to the ENU archive and use the stamps they dont work. Date and User stays the same. The old ones work. Variables are exactly the same :?: :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Andiroid on Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Variables in stamps

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Andiroid,

Thanks for the post - I'm not entirely sure why these aren't working, but can you please try altering the script to the following?

Code: Select all

event.value = (new Date()).toString();
AFDate_FormatEx("dd.mm.yyyy");
You can alter the date format to be whatever you'd like.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Andiroid
User

Post by Andiroid »

I changed the attachments to 7z, thank you!

The second one is

if((identity.name != null) && !/^\s*$/.test(identity.name))
event.value = identity.name;
else
event.value = identity.loginName.replace(/\./g," ").replace(/\./g," ").replace(/\b(\w)/g,function(Word,cFst){return cFst.toUpperCase()});

You know something better?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Andiroid,

I'm not sure why that wasn't working, but it appears to be after I change the date script; possibly because this resets the form. Can you please try using the following PDF (it's not a stamp collection, so you'll need to create a collection from it) and see if the date continues to update, and if the login name updates?
Stempel Will.pdf
Cheers,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com