Text Box Edit to be kept to minimum  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

wils0nn
User

Text Box Edit to be kept to minimum

Post by wils0nn »

Hi,

Currently, when i have to edit text, it shows the text box stretching out to the entire page.

How do i restrain the box to minimal size? as the current setting as shown in the image when editing words shifts the text across the page weirdly.
Attachments
After
After
Before
Before
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Text Box Edit to be kept to minimum

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Wils0nn,

Thank you for the inquiry.

At the moment, the editor does not offer a good way to split these text items up. You may be able to move the items apart by disabling our "edit text as blocks" function, if the text items are far enough apart they should no longer be seen as a paragraph.
image.png
After moving them apart, you will need to re-enable this option in order to edit the text within.

Depending on how they were created they may be separate objects, and the editor could be combining them as a "block". This is because the concept of Paragraphs does not exist in PDF, instead each line of text is a separate object. This forces software developers like us to "emulate" how a paragraph works when editing text, issues like this are a side effect of that handling, and while we are aware of the issue, finding a resolution is quite difficult.

Know that we are aware of this, and are looking into possibilities, but a proper resolution will likely not be available soon.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
wils0nn
User

Re: Text Box Edit to be kept to minimum

Post by wils0nn »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:10 pm Hello Wils0nn,

Thank you for the inquiry.

At the moment, the editor does not offer a good way to split these text items up. You may be able to move the items apart by disabling our "edit text as blocks" function, if the text items are far enough apart they should no longer be seen as a paragraph.
image.png
After moving them apart, you will need to re-enable this option in order to edit the text within.

Depending on how they were created they may be separate objects, and the editor could be combining them as a "block". This is because the concept of Paragraphs does not exist in PDF, instead each line of text is a separate object. This forces software developers like us to "emulate" how a paragraph works when editing text, issues like this are a side effect of that handling, and while we are aware of the issue, finding a resolution is quite difficult.

Know that we are aware of this, and are looking into possibilities, but a proper resolution will likely not be available soon.

Kind regards,
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.

From what i notice, can i suggest a non paragraph mode for text edit mode where letters identified to be in the same body are understood to be from the same word? And therefore the text box appears only in for that word.
Attachments
And hence, text box should be identified in such a way under this suggested new mode
And hence, text box should be identified in such a way under this suggested new mode
However, the image shows that when selecting the text, it understands that they are from the same body
However, the image shows that when selecting the text, it understands that they are from the same body
Currently the edit text identifies the entire text to be a paragraph
Currently the edit text identifies the entire text to be a paragraph
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Text Box Edit to be kept to minimum  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Wilson,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I have created a formal feature request to be considered when we are next adding new features into the fold. I cannot guarantee that it will be implemented, but I can promise it will be seriously considered.
For reference, the ticket number in question is below, you can ask any member of our support team for an update on the status of this request in the future.
RT#4802: Edit single Text items (no block/paragraph handling)

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com