Weird bug with position in alt + tab list.

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

avada
User

Weird bug with position in alt + tab list.

Post by avada »

Hi!

I get this bug happening often, when I use PDF XE in fullscreen mode, and switch away with alt+tab. XE's windows won't become the second item on the list as it should being the most recently used window. Instead it becomes an item futher back on the list.
And if I switch to windows behind the list XE slips further back until it's always the last item when it's not the active window.

Normal function is resumed when I exit fullscreen mode.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Weird bug with position in alt + tab list.

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Avada,
I am unable to reproduce this on my windows 10 PC running the latest (328.1) build of our software. Could you verify you are running the latest, and let us know what version of windows you are using?

As a side note, do you have any applications that alter or manage how windows handles with its own functions? Dislpayfusion would be an example of an application that changes how windows interacts with explorer and the mouse.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
avada
User

Post by avada »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:58 pm Hello Avada,
I am unable to reproduce this on my windows 10 PC running the latest (328.1) build of our software. Could you verify you are running the latest, and let us know what version of windows you are using?

As a side note, do you have any applications that alter or manage how windows handles with its own functions? Dislpayfusion would be an example of an application that changes how windows interacts with explorer and the mouse.
I am using the latest, and I'm on windows 8.1.

I'm not not using any such software.

I'm not doing anything special, I change into fullscreen. Switch to two page view and alt+tab between windows. Sometimes XE remains in the background for a while because I start doing something else. I'm not sure how or when this bug is activated.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Avada,

As Much as I hate to pull the "its a windows issue" card. I have just spoken with the Dev team and surely enough, we have nothing to do with how the Alt+tab list is handled, as such I would suggest contacting Microsoft about this bug.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
avada
User

Post by avada »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:39 am Hello Avada,

As Much as I hate to pull the "its a windows issue" card. I have just spoken with the Dev team and surely enough, we have nothing to do with how the Alt+tab list is handled, as such I would suggest contacting Microsoft about this bug.

Kind regards,
That card never works, it's just weak excuse. It's never a windows issue when there's only one software affected. Particularly something this commonly used. The very similar full screen alt+tab bug with the search bar open was also blamed on windows off-hand, until someone bothered to look at it and fixed it in PDF XE.
XE just does something to confuse windows. Maybe it's confused to think XE has two windows and shows a different one's position depending on whether XE is in the background or not. (Though this is just a hypothesis)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Avada,

I believe that this issue may have been miscommunicated to the dev. team. I'm seeing this here and we'll bring this to their attention again. I agree that it is an irritation.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
avada
User

Post by avada »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:49 am Hi Avada,

I believe that this issue may have been miscommunicated to the dev. team. I'm seeing this here and we'll bring this to their attention again. I agree that it is an irritation.

Cheers,
Great!
avada
User

Post by avada »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:49 am Hi Avada,

Cheers,
So, did you open a ticket for it?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Avada,

Not ticket was made for this, but I'm no longer able to reproduce this here, with Version 8. Do you still have the same issue with V8? If you do, can you please send a short video for us to forward along.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
avada
User

Post by avada »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:41 am Hi Avada,

Not ticket was made for this, but I'm no longer able to reproduce this here, with Version 8. Do you still have the same issue with V8? If you do, can you please send a short video for us to forward along.

Thanks,
Since it happens sporadically I can't reproduce one on cue. I had hoped a detailed description was enough.

Sadly it mostly got denial and disinterest.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Avada,

It's not that we're meeting it with disinterest, it's that if we cannot reliably reproduce it, and then cannot pin it down to a fault in our application, we cannot fix the issue.

Until we're able to reproduce this here, in the latest release, our hands are tied.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)