Feature Request for printing offset

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Puffolino
User

Feature Request for printing offset

Post by Puffolino »

Not the highest priority for that - but should be simple to implement:

Sometimes the document format doesn't match with the printer output format, so "Custom Zoom" is a good method to get the best result - ost of the time. But today I needed to print some PDF's where the content is non-centered, so it would be cool to use a manual x- and y-offset which shifts the printed area.

Alternatively I could crop the document pages, but moving the redish rectangle in the print preview would do the trick much easier.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request for printing offset

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Puffolino,

I believe that this already exists in the Standard printer, by way of the "postion" options.
image.png
Note that this can sometimes be overridden by the printing application, but in general I do believe it would allow you to accomplish what you are looking for.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

You're right, would be fine to have this option within the XChange-Editor as well (I can use the crop box which can't set the width and height, so that needs also more clicks than wanted :) )

Interestingly the print dialog of the editor shows a group "Page Placement and Scaling" while the old viewer just says "Page scaling" for more or less the same options here...
...again, not the most important feature - just a nice to have :roll:
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi Puffolino,

If you are looking for this functionality in the Editor, you can select the desired content, and then use the following options on the "Arrange" tab:
image.png
Alternatively, the Crop, Resize pages, etc, tools do serve this purpose already, so it is highly unlikely that we will offer another tool to do the same.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com