Deleting Page from Thumnails

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

TomChandler
User

Deleting Page from Thumnails

Post by TomChandler »

When a user deletes the page from the page thumbnails using the Delete key, my application locks up. (the page does delete from the thumbnails). I'm not sure where to start on this. Any suggestions on what I may need to look at?
TomChandler
User

Re: Deleting Page from Thumnails

Post by TomChandler »

I wanted to check to see if you have any suggestions on this question.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Tom,

Can you please check which build of the Viewer SDK is currently used in your project, and if there is a newer one - can you test with an updated version of the dlls?

Regards,
Stefan
TomChandler
User

Post by TomChandler »

So it looks like our version is 2.5.322.8 based off of the version in C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Viewer\Win32\PDFXCviewAx.dll

Is that the correct place to locate the version? I see there's a 2.5.322.10 on your web site. Are there any fixes related to this issue that I should try it? I know we've had issues with upgrading in the past, so I'd like to have some confidence level that this is going to fix it.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello TomChandler,

The Viewer SDKs were discontinued quite some time ago, and I believe new builds are out mostly to support newer serial numbers, but it's always worth trying out if this latest build will allow your application to not freeze in the scenario you describe.

Are you trying to capture the Event? Or do you have any other checks performed at that time that might be causing the lock up?

Regards,
Stefan
TomChandler
User

Post by TomChandler »

I found a work around for this issue. We're already intercepting keystrokes, so I'm just suppressing the delete key when we're in the thumnail view since we don't want them to be able to do it from there anyway.