Scaling Up the Base Content Text Font Size

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

lester1027
User

Scaling Up the Base Content Text Font Size

Post by lester1027 »

Is there a way to scale up all the base content text font size using the PDF-XChange Editor? Thank you.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Scaling Up the Base Content Text Font Size

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello lester1027,

In order to access the formatting menu, you have to click on Edit then on the text, you want to format after that a Format tab will appear in the upper menu:

image.png

I hope this helps.

Regards.
lester1027
User

Post by lester1027 »

Is there a way to select all the text to edit the format? Thank you.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello lester1027,

In order to select all the text you need first to enable the Edit mode, then press the right mouse button and go to this menu:

image.png

I hope this helps.

Reagards.
lester1027
User

Post by lester1027 »

Thank you for your reply. This method can increase the font size but all the characters are squeezed against each other.

When I do this without selecting all, I can 'edit text elements as blocks'. This somehow reflows the text in the block without squeezing the characters (although the block itself can exceed the page boundary).

Actually, I am looking for a function to reflow the text in order to read the pdf on my phone. Any suggestion? :wink:
Attachments
image.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Lester1027,

Unfortunately, Unlike Word documents, and other similar file types, the PDF format is coordinate based, and word wrapping/continuation, is not something that the format natively understands. This is why when you change all of these content pieces at once the content overlaps.

When text editing the editor handles the text as blocks, this will emulate a text editing scenario wherein the entire paragraph (block) is a single entity, when in reality each line is a separate entity. This allows us to apply work wrapping to the paragraph, but it cannot make the remainder of the page content aware of changes to this block. Nor can we automatically move content from Page 1 over to Page 2, or see a block that spans two pages, as far as both the editor and the document are concerned, there are completely separate entities.

the best method that I can think of to reflow a document in the way you have described, is to make use of our "Convert to Word" function. This way the document can be moved into a format that allows the kinds of manipulation you are looking for. Then use word to make the formatting changes, and once you are done, drop the word file into the Editor to convert it back.

I hope this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
lester1027
User

Post by lester1027 »

Thank you.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:D
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com