Organizing and Filing Lots and Lots of PDF

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kss
User

Organizing and Filing Lots and Lots of PDF

Post by kss »

I have over 3000 PDFs and that number is growing every day. I have the PDFs organized in folder on my file system and as I receive new batches of PDFs I'd like to be able to drag and drop them to a particular folder where they are properly categories (based on the folder name).

This is the workflow I was hoping for:

1. Put newly created/received PDFs in a "Staging" folder.
2. Run the OCR task that will OCR the PDFs that are currently not searchable. When complete, the processed file is moved to a "Processed" folder. At the end of the task the "Staging folder" would be empty (unless the OCR task ran into an issue).
3. I'd like to see an "Explorer" view on the left side of the Organize section that represents the file system. The "Processed" folder will be right under my Document Library directory (e.g "Document Library\Processed").
4. I would then select each processed PDF (or a group of them) from the Processed folder and drag them into their proper folder like "Document Library\Documents\Mortgage".
5. After the process is complete the "Processed" folder would be empty meaning my work is done and all my new PDFs are in their proper place.

Is such a thing possible now?
Ovg
User

Re: Organizing and Filing Lots and Lots of PDF

Post by Ovg »

I think it can be done with Tracker Software PDF Tools Package

Try Pdf Tools -> OCR Pages

Capture.JPG
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
PDF-XChange PRO, 10.1.1 (Build 381) / W7 SP1 x64
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Organizing and Filing Lots and Lots of PDF

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello,

Thank you for the help Ovg.

Regards.