OCR not startable due to missing languages in selection

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Nichtsnutz
User

OCR not startable due to missing languages in selection

Post by Nichtsnutz »

Good Morning,

Since I installed the Version 2.5 (build 322.9) of the pdfxchange viewer I can't use the OCR function anymore. Actually I can't select the language for the OCR anymore becaus the pull down menu stays blank. It doesn't matter how often or in which sequence or what language package i do install. I even re-installed the viewer itself on different ways.
Could somebody give me a hint where to look for a solution ?

Thanks', Nichtsnutz
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: OCR not startable due to missing languages in selection

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Nichtsnutz,

Let me point out that the Viewer is a discontinued product, and has not received any updates or upgrades in over 5 years now, and while there have been 'builds' over the years - those were mostly related to updates to the license keys algorithms.
As such I would strongly recommend you to give the Viewer's successor - the PDF XChange Editor a try:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... nge-editor

If that is not a viable option for you - are you using the portable or installed Viewer? And if it is the installed one - have you tried a full reinstall?

Regards,
Stefan