Plugin for Web Printing (To Capture expended text field

This forum is for plugins used in the PDF-XChange Editor only.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

LDPCTechOps
User

Plugin for Web Printing (To Capture expended text field

Post by LDPCTechOps »

Adobe Acrobat has a print web page plugin\feature that allows you to capture the expanded text (text that is not visible) in a text box field of a web page. The Adobe Acrobat plugin allowed us to change printers to the PDF X-Change driver and still captured the expanded text field as part of the PDF file we created. As soon as we uninstalled Adobe Acrobat, the plugin was gone and so was our ability to capture the all of the data in the expanded text field. I can't find a setting, plugin, etc. within the PDF X-Change printer\software that will us to capture the expanded text field. We are looking for a way to print the web page including the expanded text box field using the PDF X-Change printer\software. I can provide screen shots if it would be helpful.
REL
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Plugin for Web Printing (To Capture expended text field

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello REL,

Thank you for the feature request. Would It be possible to have come screenshots to showcase what you mean is and is not included with each plugin in place? And possible provide a link to Adobe's Plugin page for this plugin so that we can investigate it in further detail?
I also wanted to clarify, are you specifically using IE and our IE plugin, or is this when printing from any browser to ours vs adobes printers?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
LDPCTechOps
User

Post by LDPCTechOps »

Sorry for the delay, it's crazy busy here.
I've attached 3 screen prints, the first (Web Page (Screen Print).pdf) shows the web page we are printing from. This screen print doesn't show all of the data (Last text box, I have highlighted it) in the text box field but you can see the up\down arrows on the box that we us to scroll up\down with.
The second screen print is the (PDF Created with Acrobat.pdf) web page we printed using Acrobat. You can see that the text size has been adjusted, it's larger in the first two text box fields, but smaller in the last text box field. You can now see all the data that was in that expandable text field from the web page.
The third screen shots is the (PDF Created with PDFXchange.pdf) web page we printed using PDF X-Change. It looks like the app took a picture of the web page and that's what printed out. Notice the missing data in the last text box field.

We are printing from the web using IE 11, I don't think it's an IE plugin, seem to be an issue when printing from any browser to PDF X vs adobes printers. I believe the plugin comes from Adobe, it's an option when the software is installed. The PC I'm on now does have the plugins installed. I'll try to provide more details later if needed.

Hopefully this helps.
Attachments
Web Page (Screen Print).pdf
(92.3 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
PDF Created with PDFXchange.pdf
(193.79 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
PDF Created with Acrobat.pdf
(248.25 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello LDPCTechOps,

After some testing and conversation with the Dev team, we have found that Adobe seems to work some behind the scenes magic to accomplish this. And by magic I mean that their browser plugins offer a "print" option, that works in a nearly identical way to both their and our conversion functions, instead of actually printing as one might expect. Following that thought train, we decided to test printing directly to adobes printer and found that indeed it does have the same output as our printers do.

In this process we came to the decision that we will be developing our conversion plugin to offer the same functionality as well. While I cannot speak for how long it will take, Know that it is now in the works.
for reference you can ask any member of our support team about the following:
RT#4727: IE addin to create form fields and...

And we will be able to give an update on the progress.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com