Document number generate

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

holiday676
User

Document number generate

Post by holiday676 »

Hallo,

Could someone give me an Advice, how to generate the number of Document, for example something like invoice number/ or Document counter.

The new Document number should be generate, after the Document is open / or the old one is sendet.

Thnk you in advance,
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Document number generate

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi holiday676,

Thanks for the post - Based on your description, we're not entirely sure whether or not this can be done at the moment. Can you provide a concrete, step-by-step example so that we can look further into this and say for sure?

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
holiday676
User

Post by holiday676 »

Hello,

I have found a tutorial in excel, I need to be able to generate similar number on the pdf-formular.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how- ... er-counter

thank you in advance
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi holiday676,

Thanks for that - This wouldn't be possible to do when the document opens or after it sends, at least not if you're trying to change the filename. The best solution I can think of would be something like this:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=32260

Would that work for you?

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
holiday676
User

Post by holiday676 »

Hi,
unfortunately that Solution is not right for me, because I need to be able to track the numbers of documents.

Thank you for your help
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello holiday676,

Can you please explain the whole use case in a bit more detail!
Are the files already generated (e.g. you have a bunch of PDFs and want to count them)?
Or is it that you need to create some files, and want them to be named accordingly?
I believe that both of the above operations are more of file system related than they are to our tools, but if you do give us a bit more detail - we will see if anything can be done with our products to assist you with this!

Regards,
Stefan