PDF/A

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

petedyba
User

PDF/A

Post by petedyba »

Hello
I have a lot of pdf documents and now I want to check if the documents are PDF / A or not. Need to be able to test many files at once.
/Peter
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF/A

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the post - I've conferred with my colleagues here and I'm afraid that there isn't currently any way to do this. Can I ask why, specifically, you need this? If there is a strong enough need then it may be something that we can add in the future, though we obviously make no guarantees.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
petedyba
User

Post by petedyba »

Hello
Thanks for the reply.
I have about 5700 PDF documents some in PDF / A and some in PDF, all to be submitted for archiving in PDF / A format. My wish was to check which are NOT PDF / A and get some sort of list on them. To then convert these to PDF / A in your tool.
/ Peter
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hi petedyba,

While we do not offer a dedicated PDF conformance checker, you can use PDF Tools to convert documents to PDF/A.

If there are PDF/A documents in the input directory/file selection, the tool can skip them so you will receive a folder/file selection of PDF/A documents without extra processing.

You can select the PDF/A conformance standard from the More Options button.
image.png
Regards,
Radi