Convert file to PDF using file explorer context menu

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kumar
User

Convert file to PDF using file explorer context menu

Post by kumar »

Is it possible to select a file (image, text, word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.) in windows file explorer and using right click context menu on it i.e., right click and select an option and convert to PDF using PDF-XChange Editor? Similar to what Adobe has where I can select a file and on right click menu I can select convert to Adobe PDF. Thanks!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Convert file to PDF using file explorer context menu

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Kumar,

This option should be available by default after installing simply by right clicking on the file and selecting open in PDF-XChange Editor:
image.png
image.png (9.8 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
If this option is not available, please follow the steps in this KB article: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... extensions
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
kumar
User

Post by kumar »

This option is available and I can open say for example a text file using this option into PDF-XChange Editor and then save to a PDF, but I am talking about a one-click conversion where you would click the menu option and the pdf file is created with the selected file name.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello Kumar,

In that case, the "Print" option may be what you are looking for, If our printer is set as the system default then this will go through a short process depending on the application associated to the file type, and then ask for the save location and name. You can set this up to be automatic by creating a custom default profile, as detailed here.

Otherwise we do not have a "convert" function of the sort yet. We have seen some requests for this, so I will inform the dev team of increased demand.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
kumar
User

Post by kumar »

PDF-XChange Editor is the default printer for me, but having this convert option will be a time saver. Please include it in your feature request.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Certainly, for reference the ticket number is RT#1482
If you need an update on the progress in the future, you can simply ask any member of our support team for more information.

As this is a long term feature request, and I am unsure how long it will take to be implemented, I highly recommend looking into the printer profiles method I mentioned earlier. You can setup a custom print profile that will automatically name the document based on the source and save it directly, meaning that the print button could work effectively as a convert to pdf button for you. A true One-Click solution once you have it setup.

kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com