Issue setting printing save options via pdfsaver.exe /setoptions

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

zacp
User

Issue setting printing save options via pdfsaver.exe /setoptions

Post by zacp »

Hi All,
I'm having some trouble trying to automate some printing to .pdf with PDF XChange Standard, I hope someone can see what I'm doing wrong. So essentially, My script calls pdfsaver.exe /Addprinter to create a duplicate printer called "PDF-XChange ScriptOUTPUT", then I call pdfsaver again with;
/SetOptions "Save.File=%[DocName];Save.Path="C:\PDFOUT";Save.ShowSaveDialog=0;Save.RunApp=0;Save.UseLastPath=1" /Printer "PDF-XChange ScriptOUTPUT"

This works correctly on my system, but fails when I try to test it on a client's PC (of course). The printer gets created, but the profile settings don't get applied for some reason.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Issue setting printing save options via pdfsaver.exe /setoptions

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi zcap

you should only need to create the printer once. Having created it your call to /SetOptions looks OK to be honest. I tried it here and it is setting the values as it does on your machine:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Standard>pdfSaver.exe /SetOptions "Save.File=%[DocName];Save.Path="C:\PDFOUT";Save.ShowSaveDialog=0;Save.RunApp=0;Save.UseLastPath=1" /Printer "PDF-XChange ScriptOUTPUT"
image.png
Have you confirmed in Print Manager that the printer was made and named as expected? Also, check /DumpOptions to see what was applied.

It should works as you have it. The only thing that comes to mind, because there is no feedback at the command line as to what's happening, would be to make sure you are creating and calling the printer properly. I would myself give it a name without spaces to make my life easier.

The most common error here is not naming the right printer when using /SetOptions.

Does that help?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
zacp
User

Post by zacp »

Hi Paul, thanks for your help - I fairly sure the printer was being created properly as after creation, the script prints to the printer by name, which worked (but without the options, so the save dialog appeared etc).
Very good idea about simplifying the printer name, and I've added a step to save the /dumpoptions output in case it's still playing up. Everything still seems fine on my PC, hopefully I'll be able to test it with the client again tomorrow.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Keep us posted!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com