Grayscale Scanning Problem 328.2

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Arnold
User

Grayscale Scanning Problem 328.2

Post by Arnold »

I do a lot of scanning with PDFX, almost all of it at 400 dpi Black & White. This still works perfectly, but occasionally I have to use Grayscale. Just tried to use Grayscale for 1st time with 328.2, and it scans only 25% of document and just stops. Maybe had a similar problem before, but cannot remember the details. Tried Color scan also and it stops at 55%.

I am on Windows XP Sp2 and the scanner is a Brother Multi-Function machine MFC-295CN. Older machine but very reliable. I have scanned hundreds of pages with this set up, and nothing has been changed that I can think of. Could not test on Windows 7 as no scanner is hooked up to that computer. I tried scanning after resetting PDFX settings, but got the same result.

Have any other users reported having a similar problem? Could this be software related?

Grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Grayscale Scanning Problem 328.2

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Arnold,

No, we do not have any other reports with similar problem.

Could you please send us a download link with the drivers you are using.

Also, could you please give us more details about what is happening when the scanning stops?

Furthermore, could you please start the Task Manager and see how much computer resources are used during the scanning process?

Regards.
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

Finally got some office time to check this out some more. The problem was happening in all programs if I tried to scan in Greyscale or Colour. So instead of just restarting the computer, I tried the old "cure all" of shutting the computer completely down and then restarting, and it fixed it.

Thanks.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Glad to hear that :D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com