problems with convertation  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

dufner
User

problems with convertation

Post by dufner »

I want to convert russian pdf to word but after convertation text changes on somethink unreadable, i tried to convert in txt situation is the same.
Please help me.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
изображение.png
изображение.png
изображение.png
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Problems with conversion

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello,

I suppose you have Word 2016 ?

In that version of Word, it is possible to open PDFs directly, without the need of conversion.

Kind regards.

EDIT: Nevertheless, it always remains useful to also have a working solution in PDF-XChange Editor for the conversion of a PDF with Russian text into a Word document.
Last edited by Willy Van Nuffel on Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: problems with convertation

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello All,

Beyond that, I am curious to see the original document. Did you run OCR beforehand to get these results (and if so, in what language)? If the page appears like this whether you "copy/paste" the text, or run a conversion, it is likely that this is the actual text present in the PDF document.

If possible, please send a copy of the original PDF for us to investigate why this might happen.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
dufner
User

Re: problems with convertation  SOLVED

Post by dufner »

Thank you. Convertation in Word 2016 did not help but OCR helped. I downloaded russian language from base. I had to create new Searchable PDF file with OCR without it convertation did not work. :)