problems with convertation  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

dufner
User

problems with convertation

Post by dufner »

I want to convert russian pdf to word but after convertation text changes on somethink unreadable, i tried to convert in txt situation is the same.
Please help me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Problems with conversion

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello,

I suppose you have Word 2016 ?

In that version of Word, it is possible to open PDFs directly, without the need of conversion.

Kind regards.

EDIT: Nevertheless, it always remains useful to also have a working solution in PDF-XChange Editor for the conversion of a PDF with Russian text into a Word document.
Last edited by Willy Van Nuffel on Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: problems with convertation

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello All,

Beyond that, I am curious to see the original document. Did you run OCR beforehand to get these results (and if so, in what language)? If the page appears like this whether you "copy/paste" the text, or run a conversion, it is likely that this is the actual text present in the PDF document.

If possible, please send a copy of the original PDF for us to investigate why this might happen.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
dufner
User

Re: problems with convertation  SOLVED

Post by dufner »

Thank you. Convertation in Word 2016 did not help but OCR helped. I downloaded russian language from base. I had to create new Searchable PDF file with OCR without it convertation did not work. :)