"Buy Now" stamp does not go away despite removing watermark

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

lykzomg
User

"Buy Now" stamp does not go away despite removing watermark

Post by lykzomg »

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/stamp_collections

I have gone through this instruction and I still have the Buy Now stamp.

How do I remove it now that I have purchased the product?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: "Buy Now" stamp does not go away despite removing watermark

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi lykzomg,

Thanks for the post - You can try using the Organize --> Watermarks --> Remove All feature and that may help, but it should be noted that watermarks placed when using the free version are permanent and there is no guarantee that they can be removed. A warning is always issued before using any feature that will watermark a document, and this is mentioned on the demo limitations section on our website, so users use these features at their own risk.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
lykzomg
User

Post by lykzomg »

I see.

Okay thank you for the reply, I will find other ways to work around the watermark then.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi lykzomg,

Not a Problem. Provided that you have a valid license, you shouldn't be getting watermarks on new documents that you're working with.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
feo66
User

Post by feo66 »

Hi,

I have a valid license. I can't remove the Buy Now stamp.

Very frustrating. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Any ideas?
[License key redacted by Admin]
Stamp.PNG
Stamp.PNG (26.86 KiB) Viewed 3133 times
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello feo66,

Could you please tell me whether you can not remove the BUY NOW stamps from already created documents or from new documents?

Regards.
skelterhelter
User

Post by skelterhelter »

I am having the same issue. When I use the Document...Insert Pages to combine existing PDF's, the "Buy Now" watermarks are applied to all pages.

This makes the PDF unusable.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello skelterhelter,

Could you please e-mail us a copy of your license key, or just the first 10-15 symbols of the number,
and a screenshot of the Help -> About window to support@pdf-xchange.com

We need this information so we can investigate the reason for this issue.

Please DO NOT post license information here in these public forums!

Regards.
dmwolfe
User

Post by dmwolfe »

Hi, I have the same problem. When printing to PDF, the newly created PDF has the "Buy Now" stamps. I need these for work, so as the previous user said, the PDFs aren't useable.

I purchased a new OCR licence in May after the previous one expired. Thanks for any help you can offer!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello dmwolfe,

As with the other users, These issue usually pertains to licensing, which we cannot handle on the Public forums. Please send us an email with your license key, and a sample of the document you are having trouble with. We can proceed from there.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Pulpo
User

Post by Pulpo »

Has this issue been resolved?

I have the exact same issue.

I have a valid key but not a valid maintenance contract if that matters?

I tried to print documents from Word to PDF-Xchange and the link "BUY NOW" always shows.

Tried uninstalling a few times and restarted computer but still same issue persists.

Cannot remove the buy now link.

Also it would be good if you offered an option under Tracker Software in start to uninstall this application.

Because using the windows uninstall I do not think removes all traces.

As when I install the new PDF Xchange editor it has already my licence key saved?

Thanks

Pulpo
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello Pulpo,

Could you please send us the first 15-20 symbols of your license code to support@pdf-xchange.com
so we can investigate the reson for this issue?

Also, it would be very useful if you could send us an example file which you have printed, as well.

Regards.
Pulpo
User

Post by Pulpo »

Many thanks for the response, have sent email through.

Pulpo
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

:)
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

@pulpo

Maybe it needs to be said that the license key needs to be set for PDF-XChange Editor but also for PDF-XChange Printer (Lite or Standard). In the above post I read that you are "printing" from Word to PDF-XChange. In this case it is the PDF Printer that generates the PDF (not the PDF Editor) and so you need to check there if the license key has been set (via the Printing Preferences of the PDF-XChange printer, and then the tab "About" > Registration...). In case the license key should be filled in, then it is only Tracker Software Support than can help you further.

Regards.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Willy,

Regardless of which application is used to access the "license key" dialog, the same set of keys are always accessed, so it would not matter which they use to look this up. If a key is entered into the Editor, Lite, Standard, or Tools, it will appear in all of them, even if it cannot be used to cover that particular product.

For most users in this thread the issue has been a case of them using a feature that was not covered, or using an expired version of their license key.

To anyone currently experiencing this issue
Please first ensure that you have the latest version of your license key installed, you can find your current keys by signing into your user account here.
Once signed in, you will see any keys you hold, and the appropriate installer beside them, under the "Your products and Serial numbers" header midway through the page.
image.png
The most common case is shown in the image above, where your key may be "expired" and was only valid until a certain version. In this case, please uninstall the version you currently have installed, and run the installer you see on your account page.
Do note that in most cases, this installer will present a warning to the effect that your license may be blocked or invalid. This is because our installers do not detect for which version and build your key is actually applicable - only that the maintenance is expired. Please click continue and complete the installation. You should find the Editor to be correctly licensed.

The second most common case is that a feature not covered by the license was used. This could be a case of Form functions being used when an Editor plus license is not applied. Form creation and Editing functions REQUIRE and Editor Plus of PDF-XChange PRO license. Alternatively, the document may have been created with the Standard printerwhen you hold an Editor or Plus license (these only cover the Lite printer), or the Lite printer was used, but you hold a PRO license (Which only covers the Standard printer). PLEASE ensure you are using the correct application for which you hold a license. If you are unsure which application your license coveres, but you are experiencing this issue, uninstall ALL tracker software products, and install ONLY the products available from your account page beside your license key.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com