Editing pdf files in conjunction to title fields

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

SEGB
User

Editing pdf files in conjunction to title fields

Post by SEGB »

Hi guys, is it possible to edit the positioning of a schematic drawing and shift it either further away or closer the title field edge? I have several pdf files which were created with different displacement lengths from origo; I need them to be identical. Thanks for help in advance.
SEGB.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Editing pdf files in conjunction to title fields

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi SEGB,

Thanks for the post - You should be able to do this with the Edit Tool, within the Home section of the Ribbon UI. Please be aware that if the whole thing is a single image, you will only need to click in one spot to shift the whole thing, otherwise the content will be made up of lots of different items and you can select them (with the Edit Tool active) from the Content Pane.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
SEGB
User

Post by SEGB »

Thank you so much Will for your tip, I will apply this tip and let you know the result. :)
Regards
SEGB.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
SEGB
User

Post by SEGB »

Hi Will good day mate :).
I was applying your tip, but I came across extra menus next to the edit tool. There's this "selection>transform" tool, which I think refers to the amount of mm one can move the content along either the X or the Y axis. Which size % do I have to have to be able to use those measurements? How do I know when I've successfully marked out the content I would like to move?
Regards
SEBG.
SEGB
User

Post by SEGB »

Hi Will, I am stuck because I can not seem to get any structure moving, therefore I can make a change. I do not know how to make this work.
Regards
SEGB
SEGB
User

Post by SEGB »

Hi Will, I meant to write "can not make any changes" in my last input. It seems like I'm missing something with this editing tool. As long as the document is in PDF format, disregarding its origin, the editing tool should be able to make changes right?
Regards
SEGB.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi SEGB,

This would really depend on the content of the document. For example, if the document was to be entirely an image, then you would not be able to edit any 'individual' objects on the page, as it is made of a single image. To know for sure, we'd need to see a sample document. Can you please send one? If you don't want to upload here, then you can send it to us privately at support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this forum topic for reference.

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
SEGB
User

Post by SEGB »

Hi Will, thanks for answering :). The file was originally an autodesk drawing file; maybe first a Revit file and then converted via an intermediate platform like either Solibri or Navisworks and then converted to PDF for printing purposes. So what I have noticed is that the script which is the actual drawing with most of the data text, could not be changed and when I used the "All Content" tool it still didn't budge. However there were small markings which appear to be a layer higher or above the drawing itself, which did react to the edit tool. When I switched to the "image" function, only a few markings or small images lying above the main drawing reacted. I am not obliged to send any files from work instantaneously, I must first hear from my superior and I will let you know whether I can or not.
Regards
SEGB.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

HI SEGB,

It definitely sounds like an issue with the way that the document was created, but I can't be sure without a sample. Please do keep us posted on this as I'm keen to see what's happening.

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
SEGB
User

Post by SEGB »

Hi Will howzit going, did you have a good weekend?
Thanks for your input on Friday, I was not at office at that time, but my superiors will not allow me to share these documents. But I can say that they were created by Archicad, Revit and AutoCAD. So the layers there are untouchable. So I will have to ask those responsible to reprint all documents with the same origo co-ordinates and I hope everthing will be fine after that. By the way I have noticed since Friday all the document I have saved do not display colour anymore. I have tried for the last hour to find out how I can restore the colour display back, but no success. I don't suppose you have any tips on that do you?
SEGB
User

Post by SEGB »

Hi Will, please ignore the last comment on the colour issue. It is solved.
Regards
SEGB. :)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi SEGB,

Unfortunately without those, we can't really advise further. If the issue isn't solved by your suggestion, would it be possible to get a dummy document that displays the issue, without any of the sensitive info.?

Regarding the colour change, please see my response to this topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=32114

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
SEGB
User

Post by SEGB »

Hei Will, I send a pdf file which has been analysed by Bluebeam Revu Extreme 2018. You'll see the difference between the files which have been compared, the frame and the title field are static, but the content are slight out of alignment. I have tried to find the solution to make revision 9 aligned with revision 8. I hope this helps.
Regards
SEGB.
Attachments
Overlagring 515 14586 02 E 500 20 051 9 - PLAN 2. ETG DEL 52 - BRANNALARMANLEGG 10.09.18-29.10.18 Rev08-Rev09.pdf
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi SEGB,

Thanks for that - I've taken a look at the document and every PDF reader I've used displays the document the same. So the issue is with the way that the document was produced. Given that our software wasn't used to create the document, I'm afraid that we can't really help here. You may want to try printing to one of our PDF printers:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... e-standard
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... hange-lite (Please do NOT download the 'Free' Lite, as this would violate the non-commercial use policy).

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)