Translation Tool Feature Request: Open files from Explorer

For translatio0rs, questions, tips and suggestions

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

BigMike
User

Translation Tool Feature Request: Open files from Explorer

Post by BigMike » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:47 am

Hi,

I've got a feature request for the translation tool:
Could you implement (or is there already) a way to open the translation files from explorer?
If I try to open a translation file with PDFXLocalizer.exe "Strings.de-DE.xcl" only an empty translation tool window will open.

At the moment, there are 24 separate translation files, which I have to check file by file for new strings (and afterwards look, if there are any new files to create by File -> New)
I have always to use File -> Open, navigate to the folder with the translations (as the localizer tool doesn't remember the last used folder) and open one translation after another.
If you could open the files by command line/explorer, I could select all translation files and open them side by side at once.

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Translation Tool Feature Request: Open files from Explorer

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Hello BigMike,

Thank you for the feature request, I have created a ticket for you, and while I cannot guarantee a timeline, I have spoken with the Dev team and they will certainly look at the function. For now I was only able to request that it be a drag-and-drop operation, not a double click. But I am sure that will help!
RT#4580: Translation tool Drag and Drop from file explorer

As for your note about verifying afterwards, I know that frustration, as I have to check many of the translations that come in each update myself as well, As such I have created another feature request for a "verification function" to be implemented. The Idea for this one is to allow us to simply check a directory and see a report saying "all files 100%" or "these X files are incomplete (<100%)" so that we can quickly verify that all files are ready to go!
RT#4581: Translation tool, Verify all

Kind Regards,
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623

BigMike
User

Post by BigMike » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:27 pm

Hi Daniel,

thank you very much. A "check all" function would be really great - this would simplify the translation process a lot.

Kind regards
Michael

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:48 pm

:D
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623

BigMike
User

Post by BigMike » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:29 pm

Drag & Drop is fine in the new language tool; Verify all seems to be unfinished? At least, I can't select the folder with my translations...

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear drag and drop works - I am verifying with the people keeping track of tickets if we can close #4580 in our system now.
And I am asking for an update on 4581.

Regards,
Stefan