odd issues with b/w and color and Revit

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ketter
User

odd issues with b/w and color and Revit

Post by ketter »

We have print setups in Revit that specify black and white printing. When we use these with all of our color capable printers or with the Adobe PDF driver, we get black and white lines and grey scale area fills and photos. When we print using the v6 and v7 print drivers, we get black and white lines and color area fills and photos. We would prefer that PDF-XChange grey scale the area fills and photos like all our other drivers do. In addition to the Adobe PDF driver, we have printers from HP, KIP, Lanier, and Konica-Minolta. This particular behavior appears to be an industry standard. Any possibility of making PDF-XChange work this way also?

Ken
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: odd issues with b/w and color and Revit

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello ketter,

Could you please show us what you see at your end?

Also, could you please change you print setting according to this screenshot and try again to print:
1.png
Regards
ketter
User

Post by ketter »

Dimitar,
We are already using those settings. I have attached a screen capture. The left side is output from your driver and the right side is output from Adobe PDF (this is also what we get when we print to any of our physical printers). If you want the actual PDF files, please provide an email address. I don't want them publicly posted.

Ken
Attachments
capture.png
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Ketter,

Dimitar finished for the day, so allow me to follow up.
On that shot he sent - the options should actually be changed to "Convert To Greyscale/Monochrome" - can you please confirm that yours are set this way?
colour_settings.png
If they are and you still have issues - please e-mail a sample file (both the original and the resulting PDF if possible) to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this forum topic.

Regards,
Stefan
ketter
User

Post by ketter »

Stefan,
Our driver was set to "No Conversion". If we set it to "Convert to Grayscale" as you suggested, then it always does grayscale. Not good.
What we want is for it to do color when printing in color and greyscale when printing in black and white.
Adobe PDF and all of our physical printer drivers do this. I'm not sure why PDF-XChange does not.
We are printing from Autodesk Revit, so I'm not sure that sending our original file will help.
I will send a couple of samples though.

Thanks,
Ken
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello Ken,

We will appreciate an Autodesk Revit example file/s so we can test the issue at our end.

Please attach them here or send them to support@pdf-xchange.com with link to this forum post.

Regards
ketter
User

Post by ketter »

Work got a bit crazy and I am trying to catch up. Will send something tomorrow. Thanks!
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello Ken,

Ok, I will wait for the files.

Regards.
ketter
User

Post by ketter »

Just sent an email with the test file. Sorry for the delay, I was waiting on a coworker who was out of the office.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello Ken,

Thank you for the file.

I will make a few tests and get back to you with the results.

Regards.