Comparison tool

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
Audros
User

Comparison tool

Post by Audros »

Hello Sir,

we are using the PDF XChange Editor. we would like to know if we can use it to compare two PDF documents.

Thanks!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Comparison tool

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Audros,

We are working on such a comparison tool for our end user products, but that is still not ready. I am not sure what access would be provided to the same through the SDK at this moment. We will need to wait for the feature to be implemented by our devs and will then know more.

Regards,
Stefan
Audros
User

Post by Audros »

Hello,
thanks for your quick answer Sir. On the other hand, I wonder if, by ocr ,can i get the position of object generated and change there properties if we want to develop this tool(comparison tool i mean)?
Best regard.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Audros,

Well, you can get the position of all of the content items, thus you can get the position of the OCRed text content items if you require that.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
Audros
User

Post by Audros »

Thank you. :)
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

:)
Subscribe at:
Audros
User

Post by Audros »

I looked in the forum for a way to find the object OCRED text in the pdf after having applied the function of optical recognition of the caracter on a pdf,
but I could not find a track, the goal, in fact, is to program a simple comparison tool that detects the difference between two PDF files. Could you help us? Thank you
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello Audros,

You will have to understand what exactly do you want to compare and write an algorithm. You can compare the rendered pages pixel by pixel, for example. Or you can compare all of the content items for positions/data. We won't do the coding and algorithm writing for you - we can only help with SDK related problems.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
Audros
User

Post by Audros »

Hello Sir,
Ok thank you :).
Best regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan