No "Add Text" Properties Bar

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

means@safesectors.com
User

No "Add Text" Properties Bar

Post by means@safesectors.com »

PDF-XChange Editor Plus v7.0 Build 326.1

When activating the Home > Add > Add Text control, my understanding is that a "Properties Bar" containing text and font characteristics should appear between the command ribbon and the document window. It does not, and I have not found any "switch" to enable its appearance. As a result, I cannot adjust the size and font of text characters. Right-clicking within the text box produces menus which control gross formatting characteristics such as Bold, Italic, Underline ... but not the font itself.

What am I missing?

Bruce Chitiea
SafeSectors, Inc.
Cody - Tracker
Site Admin

Re: No "Add Text" Properties Bar

Post by Cody - Tracker »

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for the post. When using the Add Text box, apply your text box to the document, then go to the Format tab. Fonts and other text characteristics can be modified there.

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Cody Andrews
Tracker Support North America
means@safesectors.com
User

Post by means@safesectors.com »

Cody: Thank you very much.

I had seen the Format tab in the help files, but had not seen the contents of the Format tab appear prior to my post.

How that is possible, is beyond me, as the appearance of the Format tab and its contents in the Ribbon are anything but subtle.

This may have to do with my dual-display setup, in which one display is orientation-adjustable portrait | landscape. While I'm frequently pulling the PDF-X window from one to the other within one viewing session, I'm rarely adding text to a document.

My immediate need is satisfied, but, I'll do some controlled testing with Add Text and multi-display and display orientation and do everything within my power to make this look like anything but an ID10T error.

Thanks, Bruce
Cody - Tracker
Site Admin

Post by Cody - Tracker »

Hello Bruce,

I am glad that helped! Please let us know if you run into any further issues :)

Sincerely,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Cody Andrews
Tracker Support North America