Licensing Question

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

alex.raducanu
User

Licensing Question

Post by alex.raducanu »

I can't seem to find the information on how to re-apply a license if one of our computers "died" and had to be replaced. Can I reapply the same license on a new computer (considering the old on is inaccessible any longer)? Are there any other specific steps we need to take?
We currently have a 10 pack of PDF-XChange Editor Plus licenses.
Thanks!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Licensing Question

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Alex,
welcome the the Tracker forums.

If the old PC is dead and not going to be ever again started with the Editor still installed then you can indeed use the key to license another PC without needed to take further steps.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
alex.raducanu
User

Post by alex.raducanu »

Does the same go in case only the Operating System is dead, and the computer gets re-imaged?
and then to fully understand all cases, what if I don't need to use it on a computer that works just fine, do I simply need to uninstall it, or are there any other steps I need to take?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi alex,

Thanks for the post - Generally speaking, if you're changing computers and get log in to uninstall the application, it's much preferred that you do. That way no license is left hanging around for someone else to get a hold of. Obviously if the PC is dead, the drive has been formatted, or OS reinstalled, etc. then there's no worry as you won't be able to get in to uninstall.
what if I don't need to use it on a computer that works just fine, do I simply need to uninstall it, or are there any other steps I need to take?
The same as above applies here too.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com