Adobe Pro vs PDF XChange

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jagd05
User

Adobe Pro vs PDF XChange

Post by jagd05 »

Hi guys,
This is my first post on this forum. We are trying to justify adding PDF XChange to our computers at a Government Agency. For justification purposes, our IT is asking what does PDF XChange do that Adobe Pro doesn't. Would users please chime in? This will allow us to justify our reasoning. Having used PDF XChange and now using Adobe Pro, efficiency has decreased substantially. Thanks in advance.
BigMike
User

Re: Adobe Pro vs PDF XChange

Post by BigMike »

Actually, as you know your "business cases" best, why don't you compare it yourself? Most users here probably don't know Adobe Acrobat Pro (I don't)

PDF-XChange Editor can be installed without a license key and contains all features.
If you use a feature, which requires a license, a non-removable demo watermark will be placed on every page in the pdf. But the features are fully functional.
Having used PDF XChange and now using Adobe Pro, efficiency has decreased substantially.

Should be a good point - if this is not only a feeling, but you have facts.
jagd05
User

Post by jagd05 »

Thanks for your response Mike. I haven't used Adobe Pro more than a couple weeks, and I try not to edit at all as it isn't user intuitive. I haven't used it enough to know all the features, and if I call out a feature that Adobe Pro does not have but it does, I won't have a good justification. Basically, I don't know Adobe Pro enough to know it's capabilities. A simple task on Adobe Pro seems tiresome. I like the editing features, and I know Adobe does not have the same editing features for sure. The only think about installing PDF XChange Editor or Viewer is we don't have admin rights on our computers to install, even though it doesn't require a license. Also, a watermark would not work in our case, and money is not an issue. We want to purchase 15 licenses for the time being, and renew them yearly. Hopefully someone who can compare the two can chime in.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello jagd05,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums. With the best will in the world, it is impossible for us to fully illustrate just how much more user-friendly our software is when compared to Adobe. Personally, I struggle to know how to do a task as simple as copying text to the clipboard from Adobe, let alone editing text - it's that counter intuitive! If you would present us with a list of specific tasks and operations that you and your users find tiresome with Adobe, I would be more than happy to break down each point and provide screenshots instructions and details to illustrate how much more efficiently they can be accomplished using our products. If you do not wish to post these to the forums you may contact me at sales@pdf-xchange.com.

The key justifiable points are simple:
- PDF-XChange PRO is more efficient and intuitive. The Editor's UI is extensively customizable. You may wish to search the forums, or take a look at our knowledge base for some more examples: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... the-Editor
- PDF-XChange PRO/tracker software offers vastly more comprehensive technical support than Adobe. If a user contacts us (support@pdf-xchange.com) during our active hours they will usually receive a response within 15-20 minutes depending on complexity. Our down hours are only 0130 to 0400 GMT Monday-Friday. We do provide limited support on Saturdays and Sundays as well. Did I mention that support is offered for free to any user who seeks it?
- PDF-XChange PRO is but a fraction of the cost for adobe. The initial purchase is the largest cost, and further optional maintenance is a small percentage of the retail cost of that license. For example:

PDF-XChange PRO 15 user license with 1 year included maintenance: $1217.25 USD
Optional extended maintenance for an additional year 12 months later is $304.31 USD

This is not a quote. For a quote please contact sales@pdf-xchange.com

Maintenance is optional, and serves effectively as upgrade protection. So long as your license has active maintenance you will always be able to upgrade, and update to the latest version of that product. Both major and minor upgrades are free when a user has active maintenance. Should you choose to allow you maintenance to elapse, you will not lose functionality, however you will no longer be able to license further updates beyond the last build released during your active maintenance period. Maintenance renewals are calculated based on the time for which the maintenance has been expired, at no less than 10% off the price of the new license.

Furthermore, our functional license model allows for the greatest flexibility when imaging, refreshing or otherwise retiring installations and/or reusing seats to accommodate turnover. There are no "named users" to worry about, or even assigned hardware. Simply a set-volume license key you can use for up to the defined number of users that can access licensed copies of the software. In other words, if you have two shifts of 25 employees, you will need a 50 user license, even when (a) not all the employees will use the software and (b) when no more than 25 will ever use it at a time. Under this paradigm, you can move, reassign and reinstall without concern. We have simplified the licensing protection sub-system such that it is as easy as possible for system administrators and corporations to manage.

Sincerely,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
BigMike
User

Post by BigMike »

Hi jagd05,

sorry, you got me wrong.
jagd05 wrote:The only think about installing PDF XChange Editor or Viewer is we don't have admin rights on our computers to install, even though it doesn't require a license. Also, a watermark would not work in our case, and money is not an issue.
I didn't want to say "use the free version and watermarks on documents in production", but "install the free version for comparison on your machine, as all features are included". (Or if you don't have enough rights, get someone from the IT people to do so ;) )
Do your daily work on a test document once in Acrobat and once in PDF-XChange Editor. This should give you good arguments for the editor.
jagd05 wrote:I haven't used it enough to know all the features, and if I call out a feature that Adobe Pro does not have but it does, I won't have a good justification.
I would say, you won't have a good justification, if you focus on features, that you don't need at all. I think it's much better to explain with examples, why you can do your work better/faster/easier or in a more professional way.

As Patrick mentioned "PDF-XChange Pro": Be sure to select the product you really need; PDF-XChange Editor, PDF-XChange Editor Plus or PDF-XChange Pro...
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Thanks for the assist BigMike!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com