Minimise, Restore/Maximise and Close

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DrTeeth
User

Minimise, Restore/Maximise and Close

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi,

If those three buttons, the minimise one has less than half its area that will highlight the button so a click will minimise.

If one draws a line through the minus sign, then another about 0.5-1 mm below that one, you will find that only the area under that second line "works". The other two buttons have an acceptable area of activity.

Cheers

DrTeeth
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Minimise, Restore/Maximise and Close

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello DrTeeth

Thank you for your post. I am not seeing this behavior here - the minimize button seems to be fully accessible. Please go to Help> About and let us know what version and build you are running. Please also specify the version of windows you are using.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
DrTeeth
User

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi Patrick,

If you would like a video of the behaviour, please let me know and I will do one for you.

Using Windows 8.1 Pro x64. PDF-XChange Editor version 7.0 Build 324.3.

It's very late here now, or early depending on one's view, it's 03:03 hrs.

Cheers

DrTeeth
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Dr. Teeth,

A video would be greatly appreciated here - I can't reproduce this either.

If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
DrTeeth
User

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi Will,

Hope you are well. If the video does not make the issue evident, I will do another one.

Cheers

DrTeeth

9/4/18 - UPDATE
The demarcation between the working and non-working parts is the minimise button is NOT a horizontal line as I have erroneously stated in the past. It is a diagonal line running from bottom left to top right. So I can now produce a video of moving the cursor in the minimise button without the dark-grey colour (indicating that the button will accept a click) appearing at all.

Toodle-pip chaps,

DrTeeth
Attachments
PDF-XChangeEditor.7z
(538.8 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello DrTeeth,
I have to say that I am unable to reproduce it on my end as well, I have two questions for you.
Does this happen in any other applications, Have you investigated this in MS Paint for example?
Have you checked for updates within windows?
I am asking this because I am almost entirely certain that it is an issue with your installation of windows. Please let us know if you find anything!

If you believe that the editor is causing this, then please try performing a full reinstallation and see if the issue persists:

Follow the below instructions to perform this task.
1. This method has some additional steps beyond uninstalling, please follow them closely. Be sure to restart the computer at every point detailed, this is crucial to clearing your system of our files.
2. Open the Start menu and type Control Panel.
3. Navigate to Programs > Programs and Features.
4. Uninstall everything that is published by Tracker Software Products.
5. Once this is complete, please restart your computer.
6. Once restarted please go to regedit.exe, built into every windows computer. Find it by typing "regedit" in the search bar of your start menu.
7. Please delete the following registry entries. Only the "Tracker Software" folder and all its sub-folders. **Be extremely careful as a mistake could render your computer useless**
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software
8. You can now close Regedit.
9. Open your file browser and navigate to C:\Program Files.
10. Ensure there is no folder named Tracker Software. If there is, delete it.
11. Restart your computer.
12. Install the software.
Download and run the correct installer for your version of the software from our Downloads page: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads
13. When asked by the installer, please choose the PRO version, then, copy/paste your serial key into the field provided. Be sure to use CTRL+V to paste the key.
14. Complete the installation and restart your PC.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
DrTeeth
User

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi Daniel,

Could you please tell me how to backup my settings for Editor before I start? I will not restore any settings until I have tested the fresh install as I realise that is where any error could reside.

No other program is affected by this. I did have an issue in the past with a utility causing this problem in only one other program. I fixed that and applied the same fix to Editor, but it did not make any difference in this case.

Cheers

Guy
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Saving your settings is as simple as clicking File > Export settings, and then holding on to them.

As for testing the latest build, if you do not wish to uninstall yet, you could also download a portable version here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... nge-editor

Support@pdf-xchange.com
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, Vasyl just noticed something, It appears you have a program that applies an overlay to the window!
Can you identify what the program is, and temporarily disable it? you should find that it is working correctly, and this Is not a bug with our program

Support@pdf-xchange.com
DrTeeth
User

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi Daniel,

That overlay is what I mentioned above. I did remove it from Editor and it did not change anything so I moved it back. Sorry for missing the export settings function. So few programs have them.

I'll get on the case tomorrow.

Cheers

DrT
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Thanks for that DrT,
But do also try completely disabling the overlay program, just temporarily, I still feel like it is the cause of all this.

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Ovg
User

Post by Ovg »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote:Saving your settings is as simple as clicking File > Export settings, and then holding on to them.
DrTeeth wrote:Sorry for missing the export settings function. So few programs have them.
:shock:
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
PDF-XChange PRO, 10.1.1 (Build 381) / W7 SP1 x64
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:D
DrTeeth
User

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi Daniel,

You got it. It was that program.

I did not disable the program for Editor correctly before. I have done it now and the minimise button is working okay.

Many thanks

DrT
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Glad to hear it!
Have a great day!

Support@pdf-xchange.com