Spanish translation

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

vatualmon
User

Spanish translation

Post by vatualmon »

There is a bug on Print Driver version 7.0 Build 324.2: when Spanish language is set becomes Russian interface...
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Spanish translation

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello vatualmon,

I've just checked and indeed the "DriverUI.es-ES.xcl" file does contain inside the russian translation strings.
I will ask my colleagues handling those translations to check why has this happened!

Regards,
Stefan
Miguel Vives
User

Post by Miguel Vives »

This text is the result of the translator of GOOGLE, because it is not written in English, I am Spanish.

It happens to me the same, I have paid the application PDF-XChange editor until mid 2019, I've been with this editor years, and I'm annoyed that when I select Spanish, I get everything in Russian, and I have months with English by default, and would like Spanish..... because I only understand the Spanish, I hope they do not pass Olympic of my complaint.... and solve the mess.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Miguel,

Welcome to our forums.

Please try to download and install the following language file:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/langua ... -editor/32

This will install the latest Spanish interface available for the Editor.

Regards,
Radi
Miguel Vives
User

Post by Miguel Vives »

Thanks to the quick response.

Before I forgot to expose, where I had the paste, in the language selection.

The paste was in the "PDF-XChange Lite ", the solution that you have exposed me, serves this problem of language selection to Spanish and does not come out in Russian?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Miguel,

We've had the issue with Russian texts reported in the past, and some of the language files were updated on the link Radi provided.
Please do download them and give them a try!

Regards,
Stefan
Miguel Vives
User

Post by Miguel Vives »

I download it today and I try, I hope you do not believe me more problems. With the application "PDF-XChange Lite "

Anyway, you didn't answer my question, that was the next..... if the application of the downloaded file solves the problem of selecting Spanish language instead of Russian..... for the moment between Barcelona and Moscow there are more or less 5000 KM of distance in a straight line , and I am Spanish born in Spain of Spanish parents, and my language is Spanish and Catalan, since childhood, and when I select in other applications Spanish as a default, is put in Spanish and not Russian. This ruling has been months and have not resolved anything, having paid. By the way is not in Spanish the only language that happens to him, there is more in the same application that the same thing happens.
Miguel Vives
User

Post by Miguel Vives »

Si pudiera les pondría la captura de pantalla, pero no puedo....espero que sean raudos y veloces en responder.....al problemas desde hace tiempo y meses
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Miguel,
I am sorry I do not fully understand the question. The distance between spain and Russia would have nothing to do with the settings you are choosing.
Have you used the files Radi gave you, and did they work?
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
vatualmon
User

Post by vatualmon »

Updating the language Spanish.xclpack (latest available 26th February) did not solve the problem.
The Spanish language on the printer driver is still Russian...
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi All,

I've just contacted the person that provided the original localization file and asked him to check if e.g. he has sent us the file in error.
Additionally I also searched our records but could not find a different translation (even if less complete) that is actually in Spanish, and if I have found such - I would have shared it here.

Regards,
Stefan
Miguel Vives
User

Post by Miguel Vives »

I have found that you are only interested, collect, and nothing else.

When a client like me that I have been using pdf-XChange Editor, renewed when it corresponds to be able to continue having assistance, in the last update of this product version 7.0.324.3 from the first day, the virtual printer PDF-XChange LITE, when trying Change the language to Spanish, I get in the Russian language, as I dige in previous complaining, I have found that you care a pepper a user's complaints.

I will not buy or update more, and recommend to friends do not buy this application, I'll use Microsoft, without paying anything, which for the case do the same.

Waiting for its no solution, and I've been angry for a few months, and you guys going through everything.

Lo anterior es resultado de TRADUCIR con GOOGLE.....ustedes entenderán el MOTIVO, creo yo.
Miguel Vives
User

Post by Miguel Vives »

Above when I give you to execute the so-called ' solution ' listed above, an ERROR comes out.

....Instalation error:
Error [PXVLi6] : Unsupported file format

....pa cagarse tio.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello Miguel,

I am sorry to hear how much frustration this has caused you. Our translations are almost entirely volunteer based. We do not create them, and as we do not always have someone in house who speaks the language. While we try to make sure they are as complete as can be, they are dependent on the efforts of volunteers. Our primary Spanish translator also does our Russian translations and that is how the mix up occurred. We apologize for the error and have done what we can to fix it.

I have just tested the file that was sent above and it does work in the current build. Could you please check for updates and ensure that you are running the latest build V7.0.324.3. If you are, you should simply be able to double click on the file once you have downloaded it, and the Editor will install it automatically.

After that, please close the Editor, re-open it, and manually change the language back to Spanish if needed.

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Miguel Vives
User

Post by Miguel Vives »

After translating with GOOGLE, I see and read that you do not read what I expose.

The problem does not have it in the "pdf-XChange Editor " If not in as I'm exposing from the beginning in the "pdf-XChange Litte " ie the "VIRTUAL printer " that there is no way to change to Spanish as the default language, when I give you a predetermined Spanish, you It puts me in the Russian language.

I have given to update from the beginning of the year twice a month the "PDF-XChange Editor " And always tells me that this updated v 7.0.324.3, I have correctly defaulted the Spanish, and works properly, but the VIRTUAL printer that installs no way To predetermine Spanish, comes the Russian

Seen this, the maintenance and updates contract, I finish the 2019, I will not update or buy more your products since I started years ago, I step to ADOBE.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Miguel,
All language files are shared across the Editor, Tools, and Lite/Standard Printers, Once you have one installed the language you may simply need to reselect the language in the Editor/Printer/etc. In your case, please open the printer properties from any print dialog, and scroll to the bottom of the menu list:
Following that, change the language to English, and then back to Spanish.

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Miguel Vives
User

Post by Miguel Vives »

I see that you do not read carefully what I have written. I repeat that the problem is not in the language in PDF-XChange Editor, if not that the problem is when selecting the Spanish language in the PDF-XChange Lite, ie the VIRTUAL printer, which when selecting Spanish language as a defect is put in Russian..... Do you understand now, or shall I repeat it to you again? And there are a few....

If they have no solution, say clear, and do not give useless rodeo. And so the 300 million Spanish speakers, will know to stick to the time to acquire your product with failures to the translation of the application.
Miguel Vives
User

Post by Miguel Vives »

Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello Miguel and Tracker Software Support,

I just read this thread and I understand the frustration.

For Miguel it goes about the "PDF-XChange Lite" printer, and indeed when I select Spanish, I get Russian (in build 7.0.323.2).

The most simple solution for Miguel is to replace the faulty language file - DriverUI.es-ES.xcl - by the correct one (included in attached ZIP).

On my computer (Windows 10 - 32 bits) it is located at C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite\Languages

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

REMARK:
The most recent build 7.0324.3 of PDF-XChange Lite FREE still includes the WRONG language file for Spanish.
I just verified a few minutes ago, to be sure.
Attachments
DriverUI.es-ES.zip
(22.01 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Miguel Vives
User

Post by Miguel Vives »

¡¡¡In the end, it's about time!!! It's always been said that 4 images are worth more than a thousand words. I already appears correctly all in Spanish in the Virtual printer.

Excuse my impatience, but it is that I am, when a thing does not work for me as it has to work.

Translated by translator Google, you will understand why.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Hola Miguel

Gracias por responder.

1) Por favor, no te enojes conmigo. Solo soy un usuario final como tú. No trabajo para Tracker Software.

2) Mi respuesta ya fue formulada antes de ver tus fotos. Así que no los necesitaba para entender tu problema.
Además de esto, la calidad de tus imágenes no es suficiente. Yo mismo no puedo leer el texto para ver qué idioma es.

3) ¿Quiere decir que tu problema ha sido resuelto por ahora?

Atentamente.

- - - - -

Hello Miguel

Thanks for answer.

1) Please do not be angry at me. I am just an end-user like you are. I do not work for Tracker Software.

2) My answer was already formulated before I saw your pictures. So I did not need them to understand your problem.
Besides this, the quality of your pictures is not sufficient. Myself, I can not read the text to see what language it is.

3) Do you mean that your problem has been solved for now?

Best regards.
Miguel Vives
User

Post by Miguel Vives »

You see that "Tracker Software " If you do not seek life yourself to problems, they do nothing, have already cashed.

Images are uploaded from a free portal, that had never used, did not expect to be redugeran both to indicate the URL, I imagine you deduced that I always referred to the "Virtual printer " installed, when installing "PDF-XChange Editor ", which from the first Day or intervention I meant her.

Thanks, the problem has been solved with your ZIP. The "Virtual printer " is already set by default in Spanish.

I don't work for "Tracker Software " Either, and when I buy something online, I give a margin of confidence to that product, I check everything, and if I notice bugs, I expose them in the forum, which I have sold, to indicate that BUG, to correct it , and I'm not following because I'm warming up and I can say things that offend the audience.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Gracias Miguel. Me alegra leer que tu problema finalmente se resolvió. Esa es la cosa mas importante.

En general, las personas en Tracker Software Support están haciendo todo lo posible para que sus clientes estén satisfechos.

En este caso particular, parece que ha habido un pequeño malentendido.

- - - -

Thanks Miguel. I am glad to read that your problem has finally got resolved. That is the most important thing.

In general, people at Tracker Software Support are doing their utmost to make their clients satisfied.

In this particular case, it looks like there has been a little misunderstanding.

- - - -

@Tracker Software Support
Can you please double check with your colleagues to make sure that the language packs will be the correct ones for the next release?
Thanks in the name of all your clients.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello All,

Willy, thanks for the assist, Indeed there was a slight misunderstanding that caused this.

I can verify that the languages are correct in the upcoming build, in both of our printer options. I am currently testing it now and have just done a scan over that section for you all.

Miguel, I am very sorry for the misunderstanding, I hope this has not tarnished your image of us too much.

Support@pdf-xchange.com