keyboard shortcuts  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

nathan@readreswartz
User

keyboard shortcuts

Post by nathan@readreswartz »

are there quick key command for pdf editor?
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: keyboard shortcuts  SOLVED

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Nathan,

Thank you for the post and welcome to our forums! You will find a list of all preset Keyboard shortcuts here: https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe ... b=shortcut

You might be interested to know that you can actually pair any build in command with your own keyboard shortcut through the customize toolbars dialogue. You will find more details here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... he-Editor-

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
nathan@readreswartz
User

Re: keyboard shortcuts

Post by nathan@readreswartz »

Perfect Thanks!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:D
ParzivalRM
User

Post by ParzivalRM »

Not solved. I need a CSV or XLSX file of all the shortcuts so that I can sort them on the shortcut key, and also on the menu button, and also on the name of the shortcut. I have various clashes with global hotkeys, and I need to sort them out. The list at
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe ... b=shortcut ...
does not download as a CSV file.

I tried copying the list to Word, deleting the non-table parts at the top and bottom, then pasting it to Excel. It's all too complicated, ith masses of blank and irrelevant lines. Surely Tracker maintains a convenient list of the shortcuts somewhere? I want to look at that list, sort it various ways, then edit the shortcuts that I need to edit, recording the changes in my spreadsheet.

In particular, I need a column for the menu button where the item is located. The list at the URL above doesn't seem to have this information, so it would be a big problem trying to locate everything.

I can go into each menu item in turn, but this takes forever, made worse by the fact that the tiny window that is provided will not enlarge to fit the screen.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Parzival,

If using the built in tool that allows you to change and assign shortcuts - it should automatically detect and report any clashes to you directly in that window:
key_clash.png
Regards,
Stefan
ParzivalRM
User

Post by ParzivalRM »

Thanks Stefan. Yes, I do know about the reporting of clashes, which is a very useful feature.

My problem is that I have set up global shortcuts quite independently of Tracker software, and I am trying to find the Tracker shortcuts that I want to use and that are already in use globally. For example, I know I needed to change Ctrl+Shift+F for search, but I want to go through the Tracker shortcuts systematically because I keep getting held up by some clash.

Equally important: When I do change a shortcut, do I really have to try this, try that, try the other, . . . until I get to one where there is no clash? That is not a very systematic or serious way to set up shortcuts in software that you like very much and want to use routinely.

Surely there is a somewhere a shortcuts spreadsheet that can be sorted in different ways? The table on the Help file didn't get there by accident, but as I said, it would be a mammoth text-editor job getting it back into a sensible spreadsheet form. My global shortcuts are all of the forms Ctrl+Shift+<key> or Alt+Shift+<key>, so it's very easy if I have the list of Tracker shortcuts.sorted by key.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Parziva,
Currently we do not have a file that is easily interpreted by humans. The only location that all shortcuts are located is in a code file, If you want I can export that to a txt file for you, but it isn't pretty to look at.

Otherwise, I've taken note of this and created a Feature Request, to print out all current keybindings to a Spreadsheet. I cannot guarantee it will be implemented anytime soon, but we can cross our fingers.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
ParzivalRM
User

Post by ParzivalRM »

Thanks, Daniel. I've been heard, so I'm happy. I'll keep a watch out when the updates arrive.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:D
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Implemented in build 327.0.

Also, please note that in Customize dialog on Commands tab there is special category "<All Shortcuts>" where all commands which have shortcut are listed.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.