Send PDF form

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

cwilliams
User

Send PDF form

Post by cwilliams »

im new to using the PDF X-Change editor, I have created a form that I need to send out via email to different customers (booking form), how can I send to recipients that don't have adobe or anything like that to still be able to fill the form and return to me?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Send PDF form

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello cwilliams,

Welcome to our forums.

If you are creating a PDF file - the recipients will need to have the means to open that PDF file.
Whether this will be Our own Editor (which they can download for free to fill in the already prepared form), or a third party product is up to them, but any software capable of opening PDF files should manage with the form you've created and handle it correctly for the customers.

Or if I have misunderstood your enquiry - please try to explain it a bit differently and maybe provide examples of the desired result and we will be happy to assist you further!

Regards,
Stefan
claude vidal
User

Post by claude vidal »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:... any software capable of opening PDF files should manage with the form you've created and handle it correctly for the customers ...
From my experience, there are limitations to a PDF-Xchange created form being universally fillable by any PDF editor/viewer.

For example:
  • Java scripts will not always execute as expected with Acrobat Reader DC: errors pop up while all is fine with PDF-Xchange
  • Some PDF editors/viewers are less polished compared to PDF-Xchange and won't always implement features as per Adobe guidelines
  • MAC users are especially vulnerable; I believe they only have one free PDF reader as a bundled app which is severely crippled; any other PDF reader is expensive compared to the Windows world
If you're using simple fields, no editing, no calculation, then chances are good your user will be able to fill out successfully.

My approach is to, at a minimum, test filling out the form with Acrobat Reader DC before publishing.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Claude has a good point too, But yes, as Stefan said, they will still need a PDF handling application at the least to fill the form, and again, the Editor is free for filling already created forms, so if they need one they can certainly use ours.

Otherwise, as claude said, Mac users will have some trouble unless it is the most basic form, so if you have Mac clientele, you may want to create a custom form for them as well.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
cwilliams
User

Post by cwilliams »

I have sent the form as a test to my colleagues and some can open and complete but others are unable to im far from an expert so I have attached the document I would like to be able to send this booking form out to customers for them to be able to complete
I would also like to be able to collate data from the returned forms of our customers any hints and tips would be appreciated
Attachments
CBC Booking Form 2018-19.pdf
(318.34 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello cwilliams,

Thanks for sharing the form.
I had no issues opening and filling it in on my end in Adobe's products, so could it be that those recipients that have problems tried to open the form on e.g. phones or tablets, or maybe on Mac? Do you have any additional info about any possible differences between machines on which it did work and others on which it did not that you can share with us?

Regards,
Stefan