Stamps Toolbar Icon

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Arnold
User

Stamps Toolbar Icon

Post by Arnold »

I think the Stamp toolbar icon set may not be working as it should. The Edit Content icon set is configured the same way. If you click on the button on the left, the last used Edit action is implemented. If you click on the selection button on the right, a drop down list of choices appears.

With Stamps, the button on the left allows you to place the last used stamp in your document. This is what I would expect it to do. The right selection button does not do anything at all. I would expect a drop down dialog box of available stamps to appear.

Thanks.
2017-12-30 13_41_58-.png
2017-12-30 13_41_58-.png (4.64 KiB) Viewed 4386 times
2017-12-30 13_42_35-Lab 3935, Lakeland Hotel-signed - PDF-XChange Editor.png
2017-12-30 13_42_35-Lab 3935, Lakeland Hotel-signed - PDF-XChange Editor.png (1.58 KiB) Viewed 4386 times
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Stamps Toolbar Icon

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Arnold,

I've tested the Stamp tool and it seems like it behaves correctly on my end. When I click the left part of the tool it enables the last used stamp and when I click on the right part, it opens the stamps palette.

What version of the Editor are you running? Are you using any custom stamp collections?
Stamps.jpg
Regards,
Radi
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

If I go to Customize Toolbars -> Commands and drag the Stamps Tool icon to a toolbar it does not work properly. If I drag the icon from the Tools -> Comment And Markup Tools in the menu it works fine. I thought they were one and the same. The icon looks the same.

Version 323.2 and the same thing happens on Windows XP and Windows 7
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Difference in behavior confirmed with PDF-XChange Editor V7 build 323.2

The problem seems only to happen with the Classic Toolbars interface.

Best regards.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Arnold and Willy,
I am thus far unable to reproduce the issue. Could one or both of you please export your settings (File> Export or Edit> Export in classic toolbars).
Once I have the settings I will run some more tests and see what we can do.
Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

Here are the settings from the Windows 7 machine. I have also found a couple of other instances where items do not seem to work on toolbars as noted below.

Add Link
The icon pictured in the same screenshot with the Stamp Tool icon has an arrow that seems to indicate there are options that can be chosen. The same thing for the item in the Menu. That appears to allow choices, of which there are four. I found that out because it works properly in the context menu if something is selected. One of those choices is Add Go To Link, but even that icon does not seem to work when placed on a toolbar.

Headers, Watermarks, Backgrounds & Bates Numbering
None of the sub-menus work if they are dragged onto a toolbar. The individual icons for Add, Removal and Manage do, but the text is pretty light on detail.

Thanks.
2018-01-03 04_45_45-.png
2018-01-03 04_45_45-.png (11.37 KiB) Viewed 4313 times
2018-01-03 04_47_39-.png
2018-01-03 04_47_39-.png (7.28 KiB) Viewed 4313 times
2018-01-03 04_30_28-Appraiser 2403 W North B Street_ - PDF-XChange Editor.png
2018-01-03 04_30_28-Appraiser 2403 W North B Street_ - PDF-XChange Editor.png (1.77 KiB) Viewed 4313 times
PDFXChangeEditorSettings 323.1 Toshiba.zip
(38.97 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi guys,
Thank you, Arnold, for posting your settings and providing some additional information. It seems that there is a common issue when you remove an Icon that has a drop-down menu and put it back on the toolbar, the drop-down menu is not retained. I have reliably reproduced this issue and shown the dev team. Please reference RT#4165: Common issue with drop downs in classic UI mode

There is a workaround in the meantime. You can go to Customize Toolbars and then right click on the affected icons and choose reset toolbar:

Sorry for the inconvenience caused!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

As mentioned in my previous post, the individual Add Go To Link icon does not work if I drag it by itself to a toolbar form the Commands in Customize Toolbars. I think that might be a different issue as that is just a plain icon with no drop down menu.

If I use Reset Toolbar it removes all customizations made to that toolbar.
2018-01-03 23_26_15-Customize Toolbars.png
2018-01-03 23_26_15-Customize Toolbars.png (3.73 KiB) Viewed 4274 times
Thanks.
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

Header Sub-Menu - works if dragged from the Menu to a toolbar. Does not work if dragged to a More For Pages sub-menu group previously dragged to a toolbar. See screenshots below.

Add Links Icon Drop Down - does not work in Menu so dragging it to a toolbar does not work. Adding the icon from the list of Commands also does not work. Only seems to work in context menu when an item is highlighted in document. Individual Go To icon does not work as noted in previous post.

Stamps Tool Icon Drop Down - works in Menu and works if dragged to a toolbar. Does not work if dragged from the list of Commands.

That is what I am seeing over here. You have the settings file I exported and sent over.

Thanks.
2018-01-04 07_33_43-.png
2018-01-04 07_33_43-.png (7.18 KiB) Viewed 4260 times
2018-01-04 07_32_28-.png
2018-01-04 07_32_28-.png (5.95 KiB) Viewed 4260 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi again Arnold

Even with your settings I haven't been able to reproduce the Header issues you're experiencing. All methods you've described function as intended for me.
Ill ask the others in the office to give it a shot when they have time, could be an OS issue.

As for the Add links menu, i think you are looking for the Link creation tool, the add links menu is only supposed to add links to existing items.
The goto link portion is greyed out for me and patrick as well, so ill be adding that into the ticket for you

Keep us posted about anything else you find!
Thanks again.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

That is strange. I just tried copying the Header & Footer sub-menu from the top Document menu to the More for Pages sub-menu I had dragged to the toolbar previously. So it looks just like it did in my post, and it does not work. I did this on the same Windows 7 machine I sent you the settings for. Same thing for the Watermarks sub-menu. Are you guys using Windows 10 then. It does not seem to work over here on XP or 7.

Over there then does the Add Link (shortcut F5) menu item in my screen shot work properly? Can you get a drop down list of items? Maybe I am wrong in thinking it should work like that. It works that way in the context menu. Windows XP and Windows 7.
2018-01-04 15_25_33-.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Alrighty, I still havent been able to replicate it in the default settings configuration, but with your settings file i managed to. Ive shown the devs and they'll be looking into it for us.
Thanks again!

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

Okay great. Thank you very much Daniel.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

:D

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

Daniel here is what I see over here, and probably explains why you guys were not seeing any problems. I was using Ctrl-Drag to drag from the Menu to the More for Pages menu copied to a toolbar. Hopefully this info will help.

Header, Watermark, Background & Bates Numbering do not work if they are copied to More for Pages on a toolbar (Ctrl-Drag). They do work if they are simply moved or dragged there.

Add link just does not work in Menu or otherwise. I think that may be because the Add Go To Link has something wrong with it. It is one of the items which should be on the drop down list when working.

Dragging the Stamps Tool from the Commands list does not work. If dragged form the Menu I think it does.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Thank you Arnold, I was finally able to reproduce it and have put up a bug report
#4171: CTRL+Drag in classic view
As for stamps and link creation, that one was created last week by patrick and i added to it after talking with you more
#4165: Common issue with drop downs in classic UI mode
Thank you for the help!

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello All,

Thank you for your patience and determination in reporting these issues to us. I am happy to report that RT#4165: Common issue with drop downs in classic UI mode and #4165: Common issue with drop downs in classic UI mode have been set to resolved status. The fix should be apparent in build 324.2: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE7.zip

A work item and developer assignment have been set for RT#4171: CTRL+Drag in classic view.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers!
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest