Changes V5.0/271 to V5.5/316.1

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

Changes V5.0/271 to V5.5/316.1

Post by Peter2 »

A client updated now from V5.0/271 (Server 2008 R2 x64) to V5.5/316.1 (Server 2012 R2 x64).

Now I'm checking the differences - the visible and these in the background.

Main question:
The settings were in the Registry, like here:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Tracker Software\\PDF-XChange 5\\PDF-XChange Printer 2012\\Profiles\\Current\\Save"

Where are they now?
Or does it change depending from the login?

Thanks in advance

Peter
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Changes V5.0/271 to V5.5/316.1

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Peter,

They should still be in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software
They are there even for V7.

Cheers,
Stefan
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

I'm confused abot the handling of "Current" and default ..

Example: defined Filename

- Open a TXT with Notepad
- I start "Print" - my defined filename is "abc"
- I change to "xyz" - print - xyz.pdf is created
- I start print again from the same software - filename "xyz" is default
- Close Notepad

- Open a TXT with Notepad
- I start "Print" - my defined filename is "abc" again

Where does "abc" comes from? Why is "xyz" not the new default?
All the time the profile "Current" is active, displaying the pencil. When I "activate" the profile "current", then the filename "test" appears.

EDIT:
Also the import of a profile from 271 to 316 brings strange results ..
PDF-X-Change Pro German
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Peter2,

Regarding current and Default names while printing, the Print-to-PDF dialog will always default to the currently being edited files name, unless you've already exported it in the session, to allow you to overwrite the same file.
Basically, If i have 2 txt files, lets say Groceries and Work, and I want to save them as List and todo respectfully.
-I open Groceries and click print, the default name is Groceries, so i change it to List, then I realise I forgot something in it so I add it in before Closing the program and hit print again, The print dialog defaults to List because this is the same session
-Now the Txt files name is still Groceries, but the pdf I made of it is called List.
-Then later i open up Work and make some changes, and rename the txt file by click save as and rename the file todo. Then close everything out.

-a week passes and i decide to update the PDFs i made, so i open Groceries and print it to PDF, without thinking i just click save, and it now creates a PDF file called Groceries. Then i open todo(Which was Work until i renamed the txt file). I make my edits and click print and save. Because i changed the name of the txt file it will automatically try to save as todo.PDF, meaning it will ask me if i want to overwrite the file.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com