Ribbon UI - Classic Toolbars

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

HaPe
User

Ribbon UI - Classic Toolbars

Post by HaPe »

There seems to be a minor bug in V7 when switching between "Classic Toolbars" and "Ribbon UI".
If I start the Editor with the Ribbon UI everything is fine.Switching to Classic Toolbars
also causes no problems.But if I switch at least twice successively between the two options the tabs (except
the "File" and "Home" tabs)in the Ribbon UI don't respond to mouse clicks anymore.
Only restarting the Editor make them available again.
Normally no one switches constantly between UIs but I got intrigued by your new Ribbon Layout and
wanted to compare the two interface options.

Apart from that: Great job.As a long time user of Classic toolbars this might the first time that I am going
to use the Ribbon UI in a program. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4aSvPm ... e=youtu.be

HaPe
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Ribbon UI - Classic Toolbars

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello,

It took me a while to reproduce the problem. It only seems to happen when the ribbon is collapsed/minimized.

Once the problem is there, click the ˅ icon to expand the ribbon. You will see a Pin-icon.
Click on this Pin, and the ribbon will function again.

In HaPe's video the Pin-icon is visible from second 2 until second 7 at the utmost right of the menu-bar.
I have no idea what would be the goal of this Pin.

Best regards.

And yes, to all people at Tracker Software, congratulations with the new release.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, HaPe.

Issue has been reproduced and will be fixed in the near future. Thanks for detailed report.

And thanks to you and to Willy for great words. :)

Best
Regards.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
HaPe
User

Post by HaPe »

Thanks Vasyl and Willy for your quick replies and confirming the bug.
I think it's now time for you all - after this major release - to enjoy a nice weekend :D

HaPe
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello HePe,

Thanks for the kind words!
The weekend was enjoyed and we are now back on track working hard.
We are planning a new release (323.1) to be available soon - fixing some issues that we have observed with the new version. I do not have an exact date yet - but it will be as soon as we are happy that things we discovered are acted on!

Cheers,
Stefan