Feature Request: Printing presets

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

christian kuhlmann
User

Feature Request: Printing presets

Post by christian kuhlmann »

Hi,

I like the clear way in which XChange editor presents its printer settings as well as the many options.
However, I'd like to request printing presets that can be saved and recalled and which store all settings from the printing dialogue (Printer, duplex settings, number of copies, collate, scaling etc.).
Currently, printer settings are sometimes remembered but other times reset to default (e.g. after the application was closed). This can lead to unexpected results if one does not check all the settings every time before printing, which is a bit tedious. The printing presets would make this task very easy.

Thanks
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Printing presets

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the post and suggestion - I believe that this is already planned, though I cannot currently confirm this. I will pass this along to the Dev. Team for consideration, if they have not done so already.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
wallaceprime
User

Post by wallaceprime »

I would like to second the feature request for having printer presets.
Ideally this would allow multiple buttons in the toolbar, one for each printer/setting combination.
As I try to print things in booklet form where possible to save paper, it would be so useful to be able to setup two buttons: one for booklet and one for normal printing.

Thanks,
Chris
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hi all,

I believe that there is a related discussion here:
Feature request - 'global' watermark profile

The tread over there is (inter alia) about the problem that PDF-XChange printing profiles ("printing presets") can not be saved when created or changed when printing to PDF from within an application.
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Thanks for directing the OP to that topic, David.

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America