Fonts problem when saving word doc

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

magmangillian
User

Fonts problem when saving word doc

Post by magmangillian »

when I save my word document as a pdf the formatting changes i.e. some letters are close to eachother and some further than they should be making the document look sloppy. Does PDF Xchange editor not recognise the font ? I doubt because I use Arial. how can I solve this problem?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Fonts problem when saving word doc

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

A first thing that is important, is to know whether you convert the Word document to PDF via File > Print > PDF-XChange Printer, or via the additional tab "PDF-XChange" and "Convert to PDF".

Second thing is whether you embed the Arial font into the PDF, yes or no. You should better not, to have a good result.

Maybe you can attach a sample PDF showing the problem, via Post Reply?

Best regards.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello magmangillian,

Thank you for the post. Please do specify exactly what method was used to create the PDF. Please also send us both the PDF and the Word document. You will need to save them in a zip archive in order to post them to the forums. If you do not want these files posted publicly, please sent them to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this topic.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
magmangillian
User

Post by magmangillian »

Thank you for the help Willy and Patrick, I was not aware of the additional tab "PDF-XChange" after adding the tab I could save the Word doc as a pdf without any font problems.

Regards,
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Happy to read that your problem has been solved.

:-)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:D