Inability To Access Secured Documents

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bqxmprij
User

Inability To Access Secured Documents

Post by bqxmprij »

I work with documents shared via data rooms such as those provided by https://www.firmex.com/. I recently tried to open documents from https://www.firmex.com/ and received the following errors messages:

They work fine in Adobe without me (knowingly) installing any certificate or something similar.

Unfortunately, I cannot share the documents.

With understandably little information, do you have any suggestions?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Inability To Access Secured Documents

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello bqxmprij,

Thanks for your port and report.
It seems like those files are using a third party security handler called FileOpen. We do support this as well as Adobe, but there might have e.g. been an update to FileOpen itself - and the security method used might not be recognized by the FileOpen version you have. Can you please check which build of the Editor you have installed (go to Help -> About) - and if it is not 322.7 - please update.
if you are on the latest build and are still having the issue - please do let us know!

Regards,
Stefan
bqxmprij
User

Post by bqxmprij »

Stephan-

Thank you for the response. I was running 6.0.322.6. I am now running 6.0.322.7. I get the same error when opening the same files.

Thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello bqxmprij,

Thanks for updating and confirming the problem is still there.
I've asked colleagues from the dev team to take a look at this and we will post back here as soon as there are any further news!

Regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello bqxmprij,

Just spoke with a colleague from the dev team, and we believe the issue might be with FileOpen - so we will need a file that causes this issue for our investigation.
Is there any file that is not confidential that you can send to us? If not here in the public forums - at least privately via e-mail to support@pdf-xchange.com ?
We will only use the file for testing the issue discussed, and delete it immediately after the problem is resolved.

Regards,
Stefan
bqxmprij
User

Post by bqxmprij »

Stephan-

I understand the need for the file, but I cannot send them. If I run into anything I can send, I will.

Thanks.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello,

That is understandable. We will await your reply.

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America