File Save (not Save As) functionality in viewer

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jdh2nd
User

File Save (not Save As) functionality in viewer

Post by jdh2nd »

<<reposted from printer driver forum>>

When will this be available in the viewer app? I use the print driver to convert from AutoCAD and would like to rotate the image in viewer and be able to capture that edit.

Other posts mention save is only available after an edit. However,what I've determined is page rotation alone doesn't enable the save command. It's only enabled after other commande, like say a markup, but the save does not capture the rotation performed prior to the markup. Save As performs similarly, not capturing the rotation.

Will I be able to do this?

Wonderful set of applications, by the way. I've been looking for an answer to Adobe's increasing "commercial" focus for some time. You guys have my attention.

Jdh2nd
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

If you update your build to the Latest (12) you should find this is now 100% possible with no restriction - you can update from the option under the 'Help' drop down menu.

Just tried here to be 100% sure and all worked good for me.

Thanks very much for your kind words.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
jdh2nd
User

Post by jdh2nd »

Hi there,

Sorry I've taken so long to reply.

Yes, I now see how to do it.

I was assuming that rotate page and rotate view were the same functions and using the rotate view buttons on the default(?) toolbar. Silly me.

This almost answers all my concerns for this topic with the only remaining one being can one modify the toolbar? I have a feeling your going to tell me it's in the works? If so, then great.

Thanks
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,

Pleased all is well - can you expand a little on how you would like to be able to modify the Toolbar (other than being able to 'hide' cretain functionality) ?

Thanks.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
jdh2nd
User

Post by jdh2nd »

I see now there are actually several smaller toolbars. Each button executes a single command or presents a flyout menu. But the rotate page function involves a dialog box providing the option to process multiple pages.

My need is to simply rotate the current page with no questions asked.
Could you provide another toolbar for this?

If not, and I know this may be a lot to expect from a free application, but do you have plans to provide the ability to customize toolbars?

Aside from all that, your current interface is much more simple, clear and polished than all the others I have seen lately. Keep up the good work!
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,

I have requested the addition of a 'one' click rotation option to be added to the toolbar options - hopefully this will conme in the near future.

We will be adding options to custiomise the toolbars a little later - once the main functionality is 100% complete and we have had a short interval in development to resolve issues and assess client feedback :)

HTH

Best regards
Tracker Support
benpal
User

Post by benpal »

jdh2nd wrote:I see now there are actually several smaller toolbars. Each button executes a single command or presents a flyout menu. But the rotate page function involves a dialog box providing the option to process multiple pages.
Thanks, I learned something. I don't realize there were two different "Rotate" functions ..
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Pleasure :)

Best regards
Tracker Support