What I would like to see corrected in the PDF-XChange Viewer

Discussion for the End User use of OCR in PDF-XChange Editor and Viewer

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

aivar242
User

What I would like to see corrected in the PDF-XChange Viewer

Post by aivar242 »

This program I like, but I do not like to scroll pages using the mouse roller. Page scrolling is choppy, like a bud displayed 25 fps. In Adobe Reader, it looks like 60 fps. I think that it is not only important to me. I would very much like to fix it.

Just do not like the design of the program. This is reminiscent of MS Office 2000.) Today 2016 if that. I understand that such an interface is selected specifically to be able to move the menu, but still better to design similar to Windows 10.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: What I would like to see corrected in the PDF-XChange Vi

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

At Tracker Software, the further development of PDF-XChange Viewer has already been stopped for a few years in favor of their PDF-XChange Editor ...

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... nge-editor

So, if you like, download and install this last one, and give it a try. All its features are fully functional.
A lot of these features are "free" to use. For the "pro" features, you must have a license.
In case if you are going to use one of its "pro" features (while not having a license for it), you will get a warning message.
If you continue, the Editor will put publicity stamps on the PDF-pages.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for pointing that pout Willy.

aivar242, we are also developing a ribbon UI that will be available as an option. That should make things look more modern.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
aivar242
User

Post by aivar242 »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote:Thanks for pointing that pout Willy.

we are also developing a ribbon UI that will be available as an option. That should make things look more modern.

hth
It is very good. I'm looking forward to it.
But still I'm more concerned scroll pages PDF file using the mouse roller. Maybe you can somehow make this scroll softer?
Last edited by aivar242 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

You mean in the Editor? Scrolling through pages should be a smooth experience.

Does this happen on all files or specific ones?

You can try the things I suggest here to improve rendering speed and performance: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/forum3 ... 62&t=27849

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
aivar242
User

Post by aivar242 »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote:You mean in the Editor? Scrolling through pages should be a smooth experience.

Does this happen on all files or specific ones?

You can try the things I suggest here to improve rendering speed and performance: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/forum3 ... 62&t=27849

hth
It occurs in all PDF files. Maybe that visually scroll looks like a good but I'm interested in the quality of at least a scroll in Adobe Reader and even better. That is the point.) It is to your advantage as it can raise the popularity of your program to the level of Adobe Reader.

As I understand it, PDF-XChange Viewer is a viewer, is not setting him on paid features. After that, the program becomes editor. Is it so?
Last edited by aivar242 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi aivar242

thanks for the feedback.
I'm interested in the quality of at least a scroll in Adobe Reader and even better.
It should be as good or better as it is now. I am assuming that on your system yo can see a difference in how smoothly our Editor scrolls compared to Adobe? I would be interested in seeing that as it is not what I expect to see.

Can you perhaps take a video of the two and post it that I may see the difference?

Also - you can try changing the options under Edit --> Preferences --> Page Display --> Rendering Synchronous Page rendering can also make a difference. I suggest, depending on what setting you already have, trying the other two and seeing if that changes what ou are seeing as this also can have an impact on page scrolling performance.

Sincerely

Paul
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
aivar242
User

Post by aivar242 »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi aivar242

Can you perhaps take a video of the two and post it that I may see the difference?

Sincerely

Paul
Okay, I'll do it tomorrow.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

See my other suggestion above. I edited it before seeing your most recent comment.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
aivar242
User

Post by aivar242 »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote:See my other suggestion above. I edited it before seeing your most recent comment.

hth
I saw your answer, thank you. I tried to adjust the program as shown on your screenshot. Settings can be changed, but they are, in principle, do not change anything. I promised to record a video, but do not have time, I'll write it a little later.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Aivar,

Can you please check the video in the first post here:
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 62&t=27849
Is this blinking of the gap between pages that you want us to improve?
I've just got a confirmation from our devs that we will be looking at improving this.

Cheers,
Stefan
aivar242
User

Post by aivar242 »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hello Aivar,

Can you please check the video in the first post here:
Yes I watched this video. In my video I did not make these adjustments to the boundary between pages is not blinking. For me the main thing is the overall smoothness of the rewinding of the document.

The fact that I first checked the scroll speed in the PDF-XChange Viewer program, which scrolls the document was terrible. From you I have learned that there is also the editor of this program, which I at once set. In it scrolls the document is much better than in the Viewer, but from all the same, a little bit not up to the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.)

Here are my Comparisons:
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello aivar242,

Many thanks for those videos.
Indeed the Editor handles it much smoother than the Viewer, and I must say that on the small youtube window size I can barely see a difference between the Editor and Adobe. I will pass this to my colleagues working on the Editor optimization and ask for their comments :)

Regards,
Stefan
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, Aivar.

About smooth scrolling performance - we planning to dramatically improve it in the future by implementing 2D Graphics Acceleration (GPU) support. I guess Acrobat is using GPU as well, by default.
Currently, you may try to play with some UI settings to simplify the textured background in the pages-view window:

Also, to reduce the memory usage you may try to adjust it there:

HTH.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
aivar242
User

Post by aivar242 »

Ok. I'll try to change these settings. Thanks.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Keep us posted!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
aivar242
User

Post by aivar242 »

Will this program in the future have an interface like Windows 10?

There is one small problem ... When I want to call your bookmarks bar, which is on the left, on the vertical line, then I move to the mouse pointer, but misses, because of inertia, the pointer rests on the end of the screen where there is 3 pixel window frame and only then there is a vertical line of the bookmarks bar call. It is necessary to bookmarks line, called before the end of the screen. I think that if you make the program interface as Windows 10, this problem will be solved by itself.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

If I understand the question correctly, than it goes in the same direction as this one:
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 8&p=110124

On Monday Feb. 20 2017, the question about "the removal of window frames" would be brought up during the next meeting.

We will have to wait here for some more news about this, by Tracker Software Support.

N.B.: Maybe for a next time, please post your new questions about the "Editor" in the "PDF-XChange Editor" forum.
aivar242
User

Post by aivar242 »

Yes you understood me correctly about the frame of the program window.
I think that the transition to Windows interface for Windows 10 will remove all these problems with the frames because the interface of Windows 10 they simply do not.)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello aivar242, Willy,

The meeting in question was postponed due to several people being unable to attend it, but I will make a note and bring it up again on the very next one (likely this coming Wednesday) - and will update you with any news there are on this subject.

Regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: What I would like to see corrected in the PDF-XChange Viewer

Hello aivar242,

Just came out of the meeting. We had the issue with the frames and leftmost/rightmost pixels discussed, and my colleagues told me that we will see to redesign this in the future. We are currently working on a ribbon interface for the Editor - and once that is done - we will see to attend to this one as well.

Regards,
Stefan