Batch reprinting of PDF files to PDF files.

Please post any requests or ideas you may have for new features for the end User Version of PDF-Tools here.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

Don Schmidt
User

Batch reprinting of PDF files to PDF files.

Post by Don Schmidt »

I would like to have the function to batch recreating PDF files created by other PDF creating programs for the purpose to make files size smaller. This would expand storage capabilities which can be most desirable on website servers, CDs and hard drives. Attached is the file Test.zip containing three pdf files; Original.pdf, PDFXprint.pdf and Optimize.pdf.

Original.pdf created by Adobe Acrobat, 1637 KB
Optimize.pdf created from Original.pdf by PDF-Tools, Simple Optimization of PDF(s), 1633 KB
PDFXprint.pdf created from Original.pdf by PDF-XChange, 713 KB

A batch reprinting like in Office2PDF (doc to pdf) for PDF to PDF would be most benificial.

If there are settings in the Optimization function of Tools, I didn't find the settings; please advise.
Attachments
Test.zip
(3.71 MiB) Downloaded 79 times
Don
Vancouver, USA
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Don,

Reprinting of PDF's via the virtual driver to optimise - to be honest is not ideal - I know it 'can' produce good results in many circumstances - but eventually it will cause problems, a little like taking a photo copy of a copy of a copy etc.

Far better to improve the optimisation within PDF-Tools, currently this is limited - but we are working on this and later this year will release a far more advanced version.

Cheers :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Don Schmidt
User

Post by Don Schmidt »

Many thanks. 'Looking forward to it.
Don
Vancouver, USA