intermitent error 429

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Guillermo
User

intermitent error 429

Post by Guillermo »

I'm having intermitent and frequent this error in an old vb6 exe and v6 pdf (pdfsaver6 6.0.317.0).
ERROR 429 ActiveX component can't create object
Set PDFxPrinter = PDFxPFactory.Printer("", "myPDF", "somedata", "somedata")

I'm sending all day printing to pdf, but several times have this error, the customer is in a big problem because the pdf is lost and the process stopped.

After an error the user wait a little and the next pdf is created without problem... creating several ones and after a variable time there here the error.

what can be made? or what can be the source of error?
the program that creates the pdf ends itself after end the pdf, later other main program detects the pdf order and calls the programa, thus each generated pdf is created for a different exe instance.

Any advices or ideas?

Can I retry the SET after sleep 3 seconds or so until the set works? or some other idea?

Thanks,
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: intermitent error 429

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello cpi software,

I've spoken with one of my colleagues working on the drivers, and he says that he will need to prepare a debug build for you to run, so that we can gather additional information. The problem is that the guy in question is transferring from Europe to our head office in Canada, so it will take us a bit longer than usual to prepare this for you. Please bear with us and we will post an update here as soon as possible!

Regards,
Stefan
Guillermo
User

Post by Guillermo »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hello cpi software,

I've spoken with one of my colleagues working on the drivers, and he says that he will need to prepare a debug build for you to run, so that we can gather additional information. The problem is that the guy in question is transferring from Europe to our head office in Canada, so it will take us a bit longer than usual to prepare this for you. Please bear with us and we will post an update here as soon as possible!

Regards,
Stefan
Thanks Stefan.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
Guillermo
User

Post by Guillermo »

cpi software wrote:I'm having intermitent and frequent this error in an old vb6 exe and v6 pdf (pdfsaver6 6.0.317.0).
ERROR 429 ActiveX component can't create object
Set PDFxPrinter = PDFxPFactory.Printer("", "myPDF", "somedata", "somedata")

Can I retry the SET after sleep 3 seconds or so until the set works?
I've included an RETRY engine in my code and the first day of tryng seems to work:
The SET occasionally causes error 429, so i've made some as (code simplified here)

Code: Select all

retry:
    Set PDFxPrinter = PDFxPFactory.Printer(...,...,...,...)
    if errorReturned then
        sleep 2 seconds
        retry
In 12 hours I've checked about seven errors resolved in the first retry, sending about one pdf per minute.

So looks like the the set fails without apparent explication, ocasionally.
Maybe when the last pdf generation tooks more time to finish ¿? or so ¿?
but really one pdf per minute is not a very big work to do, and all the pdf have only one or a few pages.

I will continue the testing the next days.
Would be nice if any user have seen a behaviour like this.

Thanks.
Guillermo.
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Roman - Tracker Supp »

Hi Guillermo,

I am preparing a debug build on this issue. I expect to finish it tonight.
Guillermo
User

Post by Guillermo »

Roman - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Guillermo,
I am preparing a debug build on this issue. I expect to finish it tonight.
With the system of retries that I put in my code seems to recover the error, almost always in the second retry.

So it seems that it is not very urgent now, I will try to get the client to give us his opinion in a few days.

The SET returns error sometimes, but using a way to RETRY seems to work.
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Guillermo, did you receive my e-mail with the debug binaries and instructions? I sent it to your forum e-mail address.
Guillermo
User

Post by Guillermo »

Roman - Tracker Supp wrote:Guillermo, did you receive my e-mail with the debug binaries and instructions? I sent it to your forum e-mail address.
Sorry, no :shock:
Searching more, GMail has marked the email as "Virus or a suspicious attachment".
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

I sent it again, with the attachment encrypted.
There is no virus in the binaries. Gmail just disallows executables in attachments.