Drag files or pages between existing bookmarks  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

David.P
User

Drag files or pages between existing bookmarks

Post by David.P »

Hi forum & Tracker team,

I believe that there is a small bug in the automatic bookmark creation, when a PDF file is dragged from Windows Explorer into an existing PDF file.

When there is an existing PDF file open in PDF-XChange Editor, one can insert another PDF into it by simply dragging the other PDF file from Windows Explorer to the desired place between the thumbnails in the existing PDF file.

Then, a new bookmark automatically will be created, using the file name of the dragged PDF file, which is great.

However it seems that most of the time, that new bookmark does not point to the first page of the newly inserted file, but instead to the (previously existing) page behind the new file -- which is very confusing.

Thanks already to the team for cross-checking and, if applicable, filing a ticket for this issue.

While this potential issue is fixed, another small change maybe could be made to this feature: use the dragged PDF file name for the new bookmark, but leave out the .pdf extension in the bookmark.

It would be even better if the bookmark that is automatically created would be inserted between any existing bookmarks at the correct place. At the moment it seems that the new bookmark is always created at the very end of the bookmark list/pane, no matter to what page in an existing PDF an external PDF file had been dragged to.

Regards
David.P
--
[edited title to better reflect the thread's subject, in the meantime]
Last edited by David.P on Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: drag file between thumbnails - wrong bookmark destinatio

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi David,

Managed to reproduce the bug, so here's the ticket number for this:
#3270: Editor 315: Bookmarks created when dragging file to the thumbnails pane are pointing to the wrong location
We will sort it out as soon as possible.

Regards,
Stefan
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Great, thank you Stefan.
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)
David.P
User

Re: Drag files or pages between existing bookmarks

Post by David.P »

Addendum, and bear with me, a related feature request:

It would be a FANTASTIC feature if external documents could be dragged also directly to the bookmarks pane.

For example, imagine you have a PDF file with a number of bookmarks pointing to different pages (say, to different letters, or chapters) contained in that file.

Now you need to add another document (i.e. another letter with a couple of pages) at a specific place inside the exisiting PDF.

It would be SUCH a work-saver if that new letter simply could be directly dragged (from Windows Explorer) to where it belongs in the PDF file (i.e. between two existing bookmarks), and in doing so, would be inserted just before the first PDF page of the subsequent bookmark!

Best Regards
David.P
Last edited by David.P on Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi David,

I do not believe this is possible (to drag to bookmarks pane) as there are several cases in which there won't be a single logic that can be applied.

E.g. - you could have bookmark 1 pointing to page 3 and then bookmark 2 pointing to page 1 - it's perfectly possible and not forbidden by the specification.
You could have a bookmark pointing to an external resource (file, web address, etc.) and if you try to place new content "above" that - where should the pages go?

Yes - in most cases bookmars are used as Table of Contents - but they are not restricted to only such use.
There is just too much possible uncertainty for this to work properly, while when dragging between two specific pages in the existing file - there's no ambiguity at all.

Regards,
Stefan
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Thank you Stefan, for your important thoughts on this.

I believe that a simple logic still could be applied. Since a bookmark that points to a section in a PDF file only can point to the start of that section (i.e. there is never any information about the end of a section or chapter assigned with a bookmark), the logic simply would have to be:
  • Always insert pages dragged from Windows Explorer between existing bookmarks
    --> before the first page of the first subsequent "proper" bookmark
So in your first exception case (bookmark 1 pointing to page 3, bookmark 2 pointing to page 1) this would mean that a PDF file that is dragged from Windows Explorer between those existing bookmarks like this:

Code: Select all

Bookmark pointing to item XYZ (on page 3)
   <--------------- external file with item DEF (5 pages long) is dragged here
Bookmark pointing to item ABC (on page 1)
...would be inserted before page 1, such that you end up with this bookmark configuration:

Bookmark pointing to item XYZ (now on page 3+5= 8)
Bookmark pointing to item DEF (now on page 1) 
Bookmark pointing to item ABC (now on page 1+5= 6)
In your second exception case (external file dragged above existing bookmark pointing to an external resource) this would mean that the external file again simply would end up before the first page of the first subsequent "proper" bookmark ("proper" bookmark meaning, a bookmark that actually points to a page in the current file)
like this:

Before:

<--------------- external file with item DEF (5 pages long) is dragged here
Bookmark pointing to external resource
Bookmark pointing to item ABC (on page 9)
After:

Bookmark pointing to item DEF (now on page 9) 
Bookmark pointing to external resource
Bookmark pointing to item ABC (now on page 9+5= 14)
And if there should be no subsequent "proper" bookmark present in the existing file, the dragged pages are simply inserted at the end of the file.

Therefore, with a simple logic like above, this paperless office killer feature (available nowhere else) could be implemented rather easily in my view.

Further, this would also solve the problem that currently, when an external file is dragged from Windows Explorer into an existing PDF file (between its thumbnails, the only possible way at the moment), the file name and/or any bookmarks contained in the external file are added at the bottom of the bookmarks pane (i.e. behind the last bookmark). When there are lots of bookmarks (I work with files having hundreds of bookmarks on a daily basis) it is very awkward to actually drag or cut/paste the inserted file's name and/or bookmarks to the proper spot between the existing bookmarks afterwards.

Not to mention that it is difficult and error-prone to locate the proper two thumbnails between which the external file must be dragged, before dragging the file in the first place; and the fact that both thumbnails and bookmark panes must be open to carry out such "chapter insertion" by dragging external files.

These problems would all vanish into pleasure/thin air with this feature.

Thank you
Best Regards
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi David,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I still believe this will cause more trouble than it will help - but will ask our devs to take a look at the topic and consider this request. This is not a promise that we will actually approve or implement it at all.

Also - you can have the thumbnails and the bookmarks panes opened one above the other if you need to see both at the same time - as per the attached screenshot. I normally have my bookmarks and thumbnails panes at the bottom and signatures and contents at the top - but I've moved the bookmarks pane up just to show you it's possible for you to arrange those panes and separate them.

Regards,
Stefan
Attachments
panes_arrangement.zip
(349.64 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:will ask our devs to take a look at the topic and consider this request.
Yes, pleeese Stefan. This would be an incredible feature for paperless file work, especially in the legal field (probably also in engineering).
Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Also - you can have the thumbnails and the bookmarks panes opened one above the other if you need to see both at the same time - as per the attached screenshot.
Yes that is what I also do sometimes. Normally I have the thumbnails and bookmarks like this:
(a typical file with some hundred pages, some 50 bookmarks and consisting of like three dozen documents concatenated together; with bookmark pane, two document panes, thumbnails and search panes open)

There, it is exceptionally difficult to insert another PDF document with a few pages by dragging it from Windows Explorer:
  • First, you have to click on a bookmark to jump to the desired spot where you want the pages inserted.
  • Then you have to look up and remember the page number of the current page in the thumbnails pane, before (or after) which you want to insert the additional file.
  • Then you drag the file from windows explorer above (or under) the page you just remembered in the thumbnails pane.
  • The file now gets inserted. But its file name, and its own additional bookmarks are inserted incorrectly: after the last existing bookmark of the open PDF file.
  • Therefore, using drag and drop (difficult with so many bookmarks) or cut and paste, you have to move the added file name and/or added bookmarks to the (hopefully correctly remembered) precise spot in the bookmarks pane.
This is VERY awkward -- if you do it like a dozen times a day............. :(

It would be SO much easier like this:

Therefore, thanks heaps for making this an official feature request if at all possible!

Thank you
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the detailed description David, we'll pass this along :)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Thank you very much Gentlemen.
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: drag file between thumbnails - wrong bookmark destinatio  SOLVED

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Sasha, Gentlemen,

I am................
  • humbled
  • honored
  • so grateful
You made this feature request into reality in no time, and turned it into an obvious piece of programming art at the same time.

I can't tell you with words how valuable this is.

Many thanks and kindest regards
David.P
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Thanks for the kind words David :wink:
As a matter of fact, this is our new channel on YouTube so do subscribe - I'll try to make and post new videos (about new features and HowTo-s) in the spare time :wink:
Subscribe at:
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Subscribed!
Best regards
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

:wink:
Subscribe at:
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hello Tracker Dev. and Support team,
David.P wrote:It would be SO much easier like this:
Therefore, thanks heaps for making this an official feature request if at all possible!
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team wrote:Hi David,
Wish granted :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNfnAatnZOo
I just tested this feature with build 316, and -- it is absolutely amazing.

Drag-and-drop-inserting of external PDF files simply and directly between the bookmarks of an existing PDF -- another world's first and killer feature of PDF-XChange Editor.

Keep up the great work!
Best regards
David.P
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Thanks David, glad to hear that :wink:
Subscribe at:
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

On a quick note, this feature still is absolutely priceless, almost magic, in comparison to the complicated process before (which the competitors still require of course).

I'm already dreaming of an extension of this feature: drag-and-drop as well as the possibility to delete (!) entire page ranges by Alt-dragging-dropping or Ctrl-deleting bookmarks:

Here, the exactly same page ranges that are used to handle the (now working) "insert pages by dragging into the bookmark pane" feature could be used:
David.P wrote:Since a bookmark that points to a section in a PDF file only can point to the start of that section (i.e. there is never any information about the end of a section or chapter assigned with a bookmark), the logic simply would have to be:
  • Always [act on the] pages [starting from the selected] bookmark's [first page until]
    before the first page of the first subsequent bookmark
I.e. when Ctrl-deleting a bookmark, all pages starting from that bookmark up to the last page before the next page that has a bookmark assigned to it would be deleted as well.

Or, when Alt-dragging-dropping a bookmark, all pages starting from that bookmark up to the last page before the next page that has a bookmark assigned to it would be dragged-dropped as well.

That would be another killer feature, for example for working with long paperless project files in PDF form that can easily contain thousands of pages and hundreds of bookmarks.

Anyway, one small issue that I have come across regarding bookmark handling:
  • When inserting an external PDF file by dragging-dropping it between bookmarks (or into the bookmark pane, generally), the file extension (i.e. ".pdf") should be omitted for the creation of the related new bookmark.
Currently, the file extension always seems to turn up after the name of the file that is inserted in a PDF this way.

Keep up the great work,
Best regards
David.P
Last edited by David.P on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello David,
Anyway, one small issue that I have come across regarding bookmark handling:

When inserting an external PDF file by dragging-dropping it between bookmarks (or into the bookmark pane, generally), the file extension (i.e. ".pdf") should be omitted for the creation of the related new bookmark.
Currently, the file extension always seems to turn up after the name of the file that is inserted in a PDF this way.
Well currently the Editor behaves like that when Inserting pages, Bookmarks etc, and I don't know whether it would be better to write the extension or not - because it's handled in one place.

As for your new ideas - I'll think about that :wink:

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hello Alex,
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team wrote:Well currently the Editor behaves like that when Inserting pages, Bookmarks etc, and I don't know whether it would be better to write the extension or not - because it's handled in one place.
Understood... In my view I can't see any scenario where one would want the *.pdf extension in a Bookmark or for inserted pages. Anyway, this is a minor issue.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team wrote:As for your new ideas - I'll think about that
Sounds promising...............

Cheers
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hi @all,

I still can not praise this feature enough.
I am using it all day long every day and it saves me so much time and effort.

Recently I found that it is not only possible to drag RTF files directly from Windows Explorer between existing bookmarks of a PDF file, in order to insert the RTF directly as PDF pages -- this even works with Word files. Unbelievable!

Since this all is almost like magic, I'd like to propose another small extension of this feature.

It would be very helpful if it would be possible to directly drag pages selected in the thumbnail pane between existing bookmarks of the same file (or of another file), in order to rearrange the pages.

At the moment it is only possible to drag pages within the thumbnail pane. However, it can be very difficult to determine the target for dragging within the thumbnail pane, both because this usually requires scrolling the thumbnail pane (while at the same time holding the mouse button down), and because it is difficult to see in the thumbnail pane whether you have arrived at the correct page where you want to drop your selected thumbnails.

This would be so much easier if the pages collected within the thumbnail pane could be directly dragged between the respective bookmarks that resemble the target for the dragged pages.

Below I have prepared a mockup screenshot:

This way, it would be made incredibly easy to rearrange pages, or especially page ranges, within an existing PDF file.

Since this probably is only a rather small extension of the already existing feature of dragging pages between bookmarks, it should be not so difficult to implement in my view.

Thank you already for consideration!

Best regards
David.P
Last edited by David.P on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello David,

Glad you like this feature :wink:
I will investigate whether this would be difficult to implement and, if possible, will add this feature into one of the future releases.
It would be preferable if you could write more complex description of the page dropping part so it will be easier to understand the overall logic.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hello Alex and thank you for your fast reply!

The logic would be the same, in principle, as laid out above with respect to the dragging of external files.

Below I have only reworded the above logic in order to fit to the present proposal.

Therein, I additionally propose to create a temporary bookmark for the dragged pages after the dragging. This way, the user can decide whether he wants to rename the temporary bookmark, in order to create a new bookmark for the dragged pages, or whether he simply wants to delete the temporary bookmark.

Now the reworded logic:
Since a bookmark that points to a section in a PDF file only can point to the start of that section (i.e. there is never any information about the end of a section or chapter assigned with a bookmark), the logic simply would have to be:
  • Always insert pages dragged from the thumbnail pane between existing bookmarks
    --> before the first page of the first subsequent "proper" bookmark
In Stefan's first exception case (existing bookmark 1 pointing to page 3, existing bookmark 2 pointing to page 1) this would mean that thumbnails that are dragged from the thumbnail pane between existing bookmarks like this:

Existing bookmark pointing to item XYZ (on page 3)
■  <--------------- thumbnails dragged from thumbnail pane
                    (e.g. 5 pages long) are dragged here
Existing bookmark pointing to item ABC (on page 1)
...would be inserted before page 1, such that you end up with this bookmark configuration:

Existing bookmark pointing to item XYZ (now on page 3+5= 8)
■ Temporary bookmark pointing to the first page of the 5 dragged pages (now on page 1) 
Existing bookmark pointing to item ABC (now on page 1+5= 6)
In Stefan's second exception case (thumbnails dragged above existing bookmark pointing to an external resource) this would mean that the dragged pages again simply would end up before the first page of the first subsequent "proper" bookmark ("proper" bookmark meaning, a bookmark that actually points to a page in the current file) like this:

Before:

■  <--------------- thumbnails dragged from thumbnail pane
                    (e.g. 5 pages long) are dragged here
Existing bookmark pointing to external resource
Existing bookmark pointing to item ABC (on page 9)
After:

■ Temporary bookmark pointing to the first page of the 5 dragged pages (now on page 9) 
Existing bookmark pointing to external resource
Existing bookmark pointing to item ABC (now on page 9+5= 14)
And if there should be no subsequent "proper" bookmark present in the existing file, the dragged pages would be simply inserted at the end of the file.
Another question would be, what happens when the dragged pages have bookmarks already assigned to them. In this case, of course the bookmark targets assigned to those dragged pages would be relocated as usual, when dragging pages within the same file.

Additionally, those existing bookmarks themselves could also be relocated within the bookmark pane along with the dragging of the pages. However, I think that this would be too confusing, therefore I would propose to leave such bookmarks (if any) where they are. The user then still can decide whether he wants to also manually relocate those bookmarks afterwards.

Alternatively, for relocating entire page ranges that already have bookmarks assigned to them by dragging the respective bookmarks, I refer to my earlier proposal above.

Thank you again for your great work,
Best regards
David
Last edited by David.P on Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: drag files or pages between exisiting bookmarks

Thanks David, will pass that along to Alex.

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Drag files or pages between exisiting bookmarks

Hello David,

The feature is now implemented (see attachment gif) and will be available from the next release.

Cheers,
Alex
Attachments
Th to B DnD.zip
(621.51 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Subscribe at:
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Alex, the speed of you implementing this feature leaves me speechless...

I am eagerly looking forward to trying this feature in the next release!

Keep up the great work
Best regards
David.P
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Great work! The feature is available in v.318 now. Amazingly, any selection of pages now can be rearranged by simply dragging them from the thumbnails pane between existing bookmarks in the bookmarks pane!

This is incredibly useful for working with long documents.

Thanks to Alex and the Tracker team for listening and for implementing this great feature!

Cheers
David.P
Last edited by David.P on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Glad to hear you like it David!

Appreciate the kind words!

Cheers,
Stefan
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Aahhg Stefan, I just found that a new bug has been introduced regarding the "drag files between exisiting bookmarks" feature!

To reproduce, do the following:

- download the attached file and open it in PDF-XChange Editor
- drag an existing PDF file from Windows Explorer between the bookmarks for "page 2" and "page 3"
- see that the dragged PDF file ends up starting with page 4 in the open document.

Expected behavior: the dragged PDF file should end up in the open document starting on page 3, because it has been dragged before page 3.

I'll have to go back to build 317 because I use this feature all the time all day long :(

Regards
David.P
Attachments
Charger-B6-Pro-manual.pdf
(661.55 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks David,

I see what you mean. The Bookmark pane shows it as between 2 & 3 but in the document itself it is between 3 & 4.

I have passed this on. There is a new ticket for this: RT#3655: Drag to insert page to bookmarks pane puts page in wrong place

There were a lot of changes and additions in 318 so it is possible that there may be a 318.1 in the not too distant future if there are a few more little things like this that need to be fixed.

That's not a promise at this point though. ;-)

PS - that's a nice little charger. Does it also do LiPo?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Thank you Paul, for creating a ticket for this and for passing it on.

Regarding the charger, I actually ended up buying this one instead:
http://www.rcworld.co.uk/acatalog/Equil ... 02942.html

It does LiPo, LiFe, LiIon, NiMH, NiCd and PB. What's more, it doubles as a lab power supply with adjustable U and I. Apparently you can even record charging graphs etc. using USB via PC.

Cheers
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello David,

I double checked that and it seemed that a small bug occurred while the code was updated to the new features. It is fixed now and should be available from the next build.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Thank you Alex, that's great to hear.

Could I quickly fix this in build 318 exe using my hex editor?
Just kidding :)

Looking forward to the next build,

Cheers
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Sweet box David. I think I'll grab one of those. Thanks for the heads up on it!

I'm a foamy park flyer... 8)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

I don't fly Paul, but my Kids always seem to have all kinds of stuff that needs to be charged or powered :)
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

David.P
User

Post by David.P »

David.P wrote:I just found that a new bug has been introduced regarding the "drag files between exisiting bookmarks" feature!

To reproduce, do the following:

- download the attached file and open it in PDF-XChange Editor
- drag an existing PDF file from Windows Explorer between the bookmarks for "page 2" and "page 3"
- see that the dragged PDF file ends up starting with page 4 in the open document.

Expected behavior: the dragged PDF file should end up in the open document starting on page 3, because it has been dragged before page 3.
I am happy to see and report that this issue has been resolved in the latest build!

Thanks to the Tracker team for the quick action!

Regards
David.P
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi David,

Thank you for confirming this :)
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hi all,

on a quick note regarding the "drag thumbnails between bookmarks in order to move page(s) around in a document" feature:
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:31 pm The feature is now implemented (see attachment gif) and will be available from the next release.

David.P wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:23 am Great work! [...] Amazingly, any selection of pages now can be rearranged by simply dragging them from the thumbnails pane between existing bookmarks in the bookmarks pane!

This is incredibly useful for working with long documents.

Thanks to Alex and the Tracker team for listening and for implementing this great feature!
This also works for dragging thumbnails between two different PDF documents. In other words, PDF pages (or page ranges, or random page selections) can be dragged from the thumbnail pane of one PDF document into the bookmarks pane of another PDF document, and dropped there at a target location directly between existing bookmarks. The dragged pages will then be inserted at that target location.

More specifically, the dragged pages will be inserted just before the page which the bookmark under the dragging target points to, and a new, empty bookmark will be created at the target bookmark location.

However, there is one small glitch with the bookmark that is created in the target document (only when dragging between different PDF documents): Currently, that bookmark will have no actual target where it points to (while it obviously should point to where the dragged pages have been inserted).

Thanks for having a look into this small issue!

Regards
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello David,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I have reproduced this bookmarking issue and created a bug report on the matter for you:
RT#4656: moving pages while making bookmarks issue
As per usual, you can ask any member of the support team for an update down the road! :)

All the best!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Thank you Daniel, for reproducing the issue, and for the fast action!
Cheers
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

:D

Support@pdf-xchange.com
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hello all,

I just discovered another minor problem with the dragging of pages between bookmarks (still a priceless unique feature that I use every day all day long).

If some pages are selected in the thumbnail pane and then dragged and dropped behind the last bookmark of the file, then it seems that the pages are moved to the beginning of the file (instead of to the end of the file where you'd actually expect them to end up).

Thanks very much to the Support Team and/or Devs. for taking a look into this,

Cheers
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello David,

Thank you once again for the report, Ive reproduced this and created another bug report for the dev team:
RT#4661: Thumbnail to bookmark, page location issues

All the best!

Support@pdf-xchange.com
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Perfect, thank you Daniel!
Cheers
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

8)

Support@pdf-xchange.com