Wrong font displayed

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

opawalt
User

Wrong font displayed

Post by opawalt »

Using the Viewer to look at a pdf file with the Jester font included, everything else was perfect. (other fonts, graphics) But in the line that contained the Jester font (and only the Jester font), the font was not Jester, but something else (like Arial but not Arial.) Any ideas? File attached.
Attachments
Judy_Thomas.zip
(7.9 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Judy,

thanks for the file - I assume the Jester font is not on the PC where you are looking at the PDF ?

To ensure that the specific font required is included and when opened is used in the file it must be embedded in the PDF (this will make the PDF file larger as a by product) - so if you cannot be sure the font exists on any potential viewers PC - and it is not a common font - you will need to embed the font - if using PDF-XChange to create the PDF - see the 'Fonts' page of options on the PDF-XChange printer preferences

If you do have the Jester font on the PC on which you are viewing the file and still the font does not appear correctly - please locate the Jester font file on this PC and Zip the file and post here and we will endeavour to correct this if it is an issue with the Viewer - but we do need the file file to allow us to pursue this further.

Many thanks.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
opawalt
User

Wrong font displayed

Post by opawalt »

I do have the Jester font on my machine and have used it for years. I will attach the font as you directed. I downloaded Adobe Reader 8 today and it displays the file I sent you just fine with the correct Jester font.

I produced the PDF file with PDF XChange 3.10 Build 0049
Walt Cole
Attachments
Jester.zip
(35.64 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Many thanks - looks like the problem in the Viewer is indeed ours in this event - will endeavour to resolve as soon as possible.

Thanks

P.S. You may want to update to the latest build of PDF-XChange available here :

download latest Releases
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/downloads/users/
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com