Touchscreen + Stylus.

For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

Please specify the specific name of the product in question, the Version and Build, then the issue/feature feature:

i.e.

PDF-XChange Editor, Version 5.5 Build 315.

Description of issue/request: "................."
wagnerax
User

Touchscreen + Stylus.

Post by wagnerax »

Hello !

Thanks for your great product. I have been using it a lot with docear.

I have a dual digitizer tablet: Touchscreen and Stylus.
I would like to be able to move around the document with my fingers and draw on the document with the stylus. Do you know if it is actually doable ? For the moment stylus and fingers behaves as the same input, meaning that I have to switch tools constantly.

Any other user experimenting with touchscreen/stylus ?

Have a nice day.

Pierre Wagner.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Touchscreen + Stylus.

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Pierre,

I believe we do not differentiate between the two separate input methods at the moment, and there is certainly no option to control that for now. I will bring this question up on my next meeting with the devs, and will let you know after that what our plans are in this respect.

Regards,
Stefan
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

How do you scroll by fingers? Do you use one or two fingers?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
wagnerax
User

Post by wagnerax »

Hello again !

I usually scroll with one finger on other software (OneNote), even when I'm using a drawing tool. But that is the case because I have a tablet pc with both touchscreen (fingers) and active digitizer (stylus).

Scrolling with two fingers, drawing with one could be a nice solution for the most common tablet pc input (only touchscreen). Differentiating between touch and stylus could be nice for "professionnal" tablet-pc.
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

JFTR, the most amazing touch interface experience (scrolling-wise) ever I recently found in (of all things :p) the new MS Edge browser on Windows 10.

Could be different though on different hardware... I tested it on a new laptop with Synaptics Touchpad and two-finger scrolling enabled. The Edge browser literally scrolls BETTER than if one were moving REAL stuff (like paper) around with the fingers.

IMHO, the Edge browser scrolling sets a new standard to be beaten by any other (Desktop) software.

Cheers
David.P
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello All,

There is already an option you can turn it on via
"Edit -> Preferences -> Commenting -> Switch to pencil tool with digitizer"
That will allow you to use the stylus as a pencil and touch for scrolling.

Regards,
Stefan
wagnerax
User

Post by wagnerax »

Thanks ! I'll try that this evening.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
findus_n
User

Post by findus_n »

Hi all!

Tracker Supp-Stefan is right, there is this digitizer - option. However it only switches between any tool for the touch-option and only handwriting/pen for the digitizer.
For accurate highlighting, etc., it would be great, if the function would be somehow inverted: With touching, you can only scroll (and zoom?), with a pen, you can do the rest like pen, highlighting, inserting textfields, etc. Saving the tool-states individually would be great! :lol:
Thank you for a great program! :)

Cheers, Nik

Edit: Just found out: Two fingers the same time will enable scrolling/zooming :D Great!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello findus_n,

Yes - if your device recognizes two finger input - that will work in the Editor as well for immediate scrolling/zooming.

Also please make sure that you are using the latest Editor build (317.1) as it will give you all the latest features we've implemented.

Regards,
Stefan