Touch issues

For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

Please specify the specific name of the product in question, the Version and Build, then the issue/feature feature:

i.e.

PDF-XChange Editor, Version 5.5 Build 315.

Description of issue/request: "................."
EKey
User

Touch issues

Post by EKey »

Hi,

We have a nice 60" touchscreen in our office and I need to make it working for PDF markups. Unfortunately I have some problems with the tools.

1. I'm using a markup tool, say, "Cloud". If I want to cancel it or start a new tool, then I click a button on the toolbar, but instead of cancelling the command I get an extra point of my cloud. It would be nice if you have a CANCEL button on the Properties toolbar just beside the Properties button.

2. I have a markup selected. How can I quickly delete it? I know that I can get the right-click-menu and select the Delete command from there. I would say I it inconvenient and slow. It looks like the whole concept of the editor should be reviewed to make touchscreens as effective keyboard shortcuts like Esc, DEL, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, etc.

3. I select a stamp and want to resize it, and I can't do it with touchscreen. It is possible with mouse because I can see that my mouse cursor turns to double arrow, then I click and drag the corner point. Such functionality is not working with touches.

4. I select a polygon and want to drag its vertexes. It is not realistic because of the previous issue.

It would be nice if you can suggest a workaround for the issues.

Thank you,
Evgeny K.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: Touch issues

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Evgeny.
It would be nice if you have a CANCEL button on the Properties toolbar just beside the Properties button.
Good idea, thanks. We will add such feature in next build. Also, currently, you may use the double-tap gesture to finish the creation of annotations like polygon, polyline, cloudy, perimeter, area, etc.
2. I have a markup selected. How can I quickly delete it? I know that I can get the right-click-menu and select the Delete command from there. I would say I it inconvenient and slow. It looks like the whole concept of the editor should be reviewed to make touchscreens as effective keyboard shortcuts like Esc, DEL, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, etc.
You may create you own toolbar and add into it an corresponding items. You may do it by "Customize Toolbars" feature (from Menu/View/Toomars/Customize_Toolbars). It will display special dialog for customizing toolbars and menus. On "Toolbars" tab yo may create you own toolbar that will be empty initially. Then you will be able to add any existing command to this toolbar by D&D feature from "Commands" tab. For example I just created my own simple toolbar by this way and docked it on the right of Properties bar (sorry, but Properties cannot be customized, only your own toolbar or any other standard toolbar/menu):

One problem is - the customizing of toolbars by touchscreen is some inconvenient - sometimes its too difficult to put new item on toolbar in necessary position. We will try to fix such issues in next build. Currently you may customize toolbars by mouse on desktop machine for example, then export all settings by Menu/Edit/ExportAllSett feature and then import it on any touchscreen-device. Or, if its possible, plug-in the mouse device to you touchscreen machine just for comfortable toolbar customizing.
3. I select a stamp and want to resize it, and I can't do it with touchscreen. It is possible with mouse because I can see that my mouse cursor turns to double arrow, then I click and drag the corner point. Such functionality is not working with touches.

4. I select a polygon and want to drag its vertexes. It is not realistic because of the previous issue.
We will fix it in the near future.

Best
Regards.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
EKey
User

Post by EKey »

Thank you for the suggestions. They work for me.
Also thank you for the understanding that the touchscreen functionality is a totally different beast. If you can make it perfect, the PDF X-Change is going to be the best product on the market. :!:
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com