"Show Files" action options  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Bhaab
User

"Show Files" action options

Post by Bhaab »

I have a tool set up to convert to OCR which runs in the background while I am doing other work (i am using PDF-Xchange as the default viewer) I'm typically working with information in another displayed PDF file at the time the OCR finishes and it changes to the new tab. Now that i'm paying more attention, I also see it's taking focus when i'm working in other programs like Excel or outlook.

Is it possible to have the "View Files using the external program associated with them" option have the ability to open in a new tab in PDF-Xchange, but not become the active window?

I've checked through but not seen any options that seem to relate to this behaviour in the PDF-Xchange editor either, unless I'm misunderstanding what some of the descriptions mean.

(edited to add details and make the request easier to read/find)
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: "Show Files" action options  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Bhaab

Unfortunately no, it is not possible to prevent files that are opening in the Editor from taking focus immediately upon doing so. The act of opening a new file, regardless of how it is initiated, is what takes focus, and that action ties in to migrating the focus of the app to the specific window the new file is opened within.
If you do not wish for the software to change its focus during processing, it would be best to disable the "open in default app" action, and instead keep the output folder open, so that when you need to view the processed files, you can simply select all and press enter, to open them all at once.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Bhaab
User

Re: "Show Files" action options

Post by Bhaab »

Fair enough, thank you.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

"Show Files" action options

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com