Set parameters for croping original 11x17 page to 6x9

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

salmonslaw
User

Set parameters for croping original 11x17 page to 6x9

Post by salmonslaw »

Hello there,

I am trying to automatically crop pages with Pdf-tools: original pages are 11 x 17 inches and I have checked my perfect parameters in PdfX-Editor first (which are : Left 134 mm, Right 164 mm, Top 3 mm and Bottom 55 mm). The problem is that the default page in PDF-Tools is a letter size, and I can't even put my parameters in it because of that. I have tried to put an extra step before cropping (new dimension 11 x 18 inches with no scaling for images), but that doesn't change anything. (see images attached)
Capture d’écran du 2021-10-13 13-29-33.png
Is that a bug? Am I missing something? Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Capture d’écran du 2021-10-13 13-23-47.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Set parameters for croping original 11x17 page to 6x9

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, salmonslaw

The settings you specify on the left will be applied to any page size or orientation you choose to use, the example displayed area assumes you are using the standard for your region, Letter or A4, but when processing, we will respect the physical distanced you specified. To see this in action, enable the "show setup dialog while running" option, and begin processing a document, you will see a sample of your file, and be able to scroll through it to see where the crop would be applied to each page.
4vmiMKwNow.gif
If you have types numbers which physically do not fit on an A4 or letter size sheet, do not worry, those values will be remembered regardless, and applied appropriately on larger paper sizes.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com