Why do All Exported PDF to Plain Text files Say "Please, buy license key." when license is Activated?  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

NoteApplicabble
User

Why do All Exported PDF to Plain Text files Say "Please, buy license key." when license is Activated?

Post by NoteApplicabble »

I purchased a single user license and extended it for 3 years.

In testing the Export PDF to Plain Text, all batched files say the same thing: "Please, buy license key."

Any explanations or ideas how to fix this?

(I never dreamed it would tell me to buy a license... especially if I have the PDF-Tools License Key already activated and almost 3 years remaining.)
Last edited by NoteApplicabble on Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vladimir G - Tracker Dev
User

Re: Why do All Export PDF to Plain Text files Say "Please, buy license key." when license is Activated?

Post by Vladimir G - Tracker Dev »

Hello,

I have to clarify if the license key has been added and version of your application is correct.

Could you please send 2 screenshots:
1. Help -> About
image.png

2. Options -> Preferences -> Registration
image1.png

Best regards,
Vladimir
Vladimir Goshko
Software Developer
Tracker Software Products
NoteApplicabble
User

Re: Why do All Export PDF to Plain Text files Say "Please, buy license key." when license is Activated?

Post by NoteApplicabble »

Images are attached. (Seeing Click to buy now also on OCR batched files.)

History of issue.
1.) License Key eliminated initial need to purchase license notifications on OCR documents, etc.
2.) Ran into a problem with PDF documents compressed in Libre Office Draw when it was brought into PDF-Tool's "Split/Merge" batches and the entire computer was brought to a crawl while the batch was running... suspected a PDF-Tools issue since it was the new variable on my computer.
3.) Couldn't resolve the batch process bringing the PC to a crawl... so I ran a "Repair" on PDF-Tools' install.
(I have found that if I used any other version of the document having trouble being split in PDF-Tools, my computer did not slow to a crawl.)
I've since decided the Libre Office Draw compression settings / outcome on that document just isn't very compatible with PDF-Tools. Going to try to use PDF-Tools & PDF-XChange for compression to avoid compatibility issues with PDF-Tools going forward.
4.) License Key seems to no longer be recognized by the program after install repair attempt.
5.) Removed Key from PDF-Tools.
6.) Reinstalled and activated License Key on the same computer a second time.
7.) License Key purchase requirement notifications are still appearing and not resolved after the PDF-Tools "Repair" of its installation.
8.) Created the initial post above about License Key issue.
PDF-Tools  (About Version 9.1 build 356.0).png
COVID STE BATCH 1_1_(OCR).pdf
(106.66 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Attachments
PDF-Tools  (Installed License Keys).png
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Why do All Exported PDF to Plain Text files Say "Please, buy license key." when license is Activated?  SOLVED

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello NoteApplicabble,

Thank you for the provided information.

Perhaps the problem is caused by the fact that during the conversion it is used the Enhanced OCR tool instead of the Default OCR tool.

Perhaps one or a few of the files were image-based and had to be converted to text before the exportation.

Please go to this menu and switch to the Default OCR tool because your license does not include the Enhanced OCR add-on:

image.png

Please let us know if this helped.

Regards.