Extract Pages - How to Save each Page to Separate File?  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

NoteApplicabble
User

Extract Pages - How to Save each Page to Separate File?

Post by NoteApplicabble »

Hello,

PDF-XChange under the Extract Pages options adds the settings to "save each page to separate file"

How do I batch this same operation in PDF-Tools?

Also, why when I try to select PDF files for a batch process can I not see any .pdf files in my computer folders.
The only file types PDF-Tools will let me select under the file type in the browser window list .pdtfl as the only file type it will allow me to select? (This makes no sense to me.)
Vladimir G - Tracker Dev
User

Re: Extract Pages - How to Save each Page to Separate File?  SOLVED

Post by Vladimir G - Tracker Dev »

Hello,
PDF-XChange under the Extract Pages options adds the settings to "save each page to separate file"
In PDF-Tools you should use 'Split/Merge PDFs' tool to perform such operation. Choose 'Every N pages in Separate document' option in 'Method' group, also choose pages count you want. For example see screenshot below.

image.png
Also, why when I try to select PDF files for a batch process can I not see any .pdf files in my computer folders.
You have chosen wrong 'Choose from' option in 'Choose input files' action. You should choose 'Choose files' instead of 'Select file list' as shown on screenshot:

image.png

Note, that if you want to extract only specific pages from document, you should use 'Show extended dialog for files selecting' option (it is selected on screenshot above). Add files and then you can edit pages range by clicking on 'All pages' link in 'Pages range' column:

image.png

Also I have attached zipped tool with described options selected. You can import it in your instance of PDF-Tools by choosing Options -> Import Tools menu or simply dropping pdtex file on main window of PDF-Tools appliation.

Split PDF by one page.zip
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

Best regards,
Vladimir
Vladimir Goshko
Software Developer
Tracker Software Products