DJVU to PDF

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Mitsuperu
User

DJVU to PDF

Post by Mitsuperu »

I have some books in DJVU format and it seems to me that it is not compatible with the conversion to PDF. Is there any way to make the conversion or is it totally incompatible at the moment?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: DJVU to PDF

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

It seems like the DjVu format is not (yet) supported by PDF-Tools.

As an alternative, you can always use online "DjVu to PDF" converters like : https://djvu2pdf.com

Kind regards.

Willy
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: DJVU to PDF

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello,

To my knowledge, we do not have any plans to support the *.djvu or *.djv extensions in the forseeable future. The format is one which almost directly competes with PDF, and at this point in time, essentially serves the exact same purpose, but is far less commonly used. Like PDF, it also has an overly complex system in place behind it that would need to be fully understood before we could even begin considering offering conversion functions that would generate a correctly formatted PDF document.

For this reason, I am sorry to say that I cannot offer a solution for you here. I would also advise you to exercise caution when converting any docuemnts with a free third party converter, simply becuase of the complexities mentioned above, it is fairly likely that the document you receive from one of these could be damaged in some way.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com