Manual Deskew (de-skew)

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

fat chance
User

Manual Deskew (de-skew)

Post by fat chance »

I am looking for the manual de-skew option "draw a line" and rotate the page, I didn't see it in the features.

I did find an old post from 2016 which requests this feature: "De-skewing SOLVED" - the post is tagged as "SOLVED"?

Auto de-skew is a fine feature for freshly scanned images, but a manual method is a valid option for fine tuning auto de-skewed images, or aligning pages in existing documents.

Am I missing the command for this?
Has it not been added as a feature yet..?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Manual Deskew (de-skew)

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi,

I suppose you mean this thread:
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=23762

Just an idea (in PDF-XChange Editor):
Instead of drawing a "Line", you can draw something similar to a line, by using the "Rectangle" tool.
A rectangle gives you the advantage that you can rotate it to the desired angle that corresponds to your text/image.
After this, you can simply read the current "Rotation"-value in the properties pane of the rectangle (View > Panes > Properties ¨Pane).
Now, by selecting the page in the Content pane (View > Panes > Content), right-click and then Arrange > Transform, you can apply this rotation-value to the page.

Does this help for you?
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the tip Willy.

If we understand the case correctly this should help.
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

Willy Van Nuffel wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:31 amJust an idea (in PDF-XChange Editor): Instead of drawing a "Line", you can draw something similar to a line, by using the "Rectangle" tool. A rectangle gives you the advantage that you can rotate it to the desired angle that corresponds to your text/image. (...)
I think you mean this:
2021-11-22_13-36-55.png
Unfortunately, this is quite time consuming. except that there is no "Specify angle manually" option in the "Direction" field of the "Rotate Pages" window.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jensen Head,

Yes - drawing a rectangle and then getting it rotated at the right angle is indeed time consuming. Drawing a two point line should be much faster, but either option will probably be slower than the Automated Deskew, which you seem to be testing out today :)

Of course - there might be, hopefully rare, cases where the automated Deskew does not work, and in those cases a manual option might be necessary.

Kind regards,
Stefan