Manual Deskew (de-skew)

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

fat chance
User

Manual Deskew (de-skew)

Post by fat chance »

I am looking for the manual de-skew option "draw a line" and rotate the page, I didn't see it in the features.

I did find an old post from 2016 which requests this feature: "De-skewing SOLVED" - the post is tagged as "SOLVED"?

Auto de-skew is a fine feature for freshly scanned images, but a manual method is a valid option for fine tuning auto de-skewed images, or aligning pages in existing documents.

Am I missing the command for this?
Has it not been added as a feature yet..?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Manual Deskew (de-skew)

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi,

I suppose you mean this thread:
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=23762

Just an idea (in PDF-XChange Editor):
Instead of drawing a "Line", you can draw something similar to a line, by using the "Rectangle" tool.
A rectangle gives you the advantage that you can rotate it to the desired angle that corresponds to your text/image.
After this, you can simply read the current "Rotation"-value in the properties pane of the rectangle (View > Panes > Properties ¨Pane).
Now, by selecting the page in the Content pane (View > Panes > Content), right-click and then Arrange > Transform, you can apply this rotation-value to the page.

Does this help for you?
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the tip Willy.

If we understand the case correctly this should help.
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

Willy Van Nuffel wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:31 amJust an idea (in PDF-XChange Editor): Instead of drawing a "Line", you can draw something similar to a line, by using the "Rectangle" tool. A rectangle gives you the advantage that you can rotate it to the desired angle that corresponds to your text/image. (...)
I think you mean this:
2021-11-22_13-36-55.png
Unfortunately, this is quite time consuming. except that there is no "Specify angle manually" option in the "Direction" field of the "Rotate Pages" window.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jensen Head,

Yes - drawing a rectangle and then getting it rotated at the right angle is indeed time consuming. Drawing a two point line should be much faster, but either option will probably be slower than the Automated Deskew, which you seem to be testing out today :)

Of course - there might be, hopefully rare, cases where the automated Deskew does not work, and in those cases a manual option might be necessary.

Kind regards,
Stefan